close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hickok 45 dealing with PRETEND trepassers

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by lethal tupperwa, Mar 1, 2013.

1. hardint

hardint

Dec 24, 2012
    I love Hickok45 videos, this one is a little different but as stated above it's all His and there having some fun, and everyone can Choose to watch it or not,I enjoyed it and had not seen that one but have watched many episodes demonstrating firearms that I want or have or am interested in and are well done.

2. hardint

hardint

Dec 24, 2012
    Agree 100 %

3. Rotn1

Rotn1

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Just watching this and am grinning ear to ear.

If there was any prior doubt, I guess we can say the slide fire stocks work.

4. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Dec 16, 1999
    Minnesota
    Link was down before I saw it. That said I have to comment on this.

I was with a pistol action league. In summer/gravel pit we had a "SKS night" Basicly one guy brought a SKS so we agreed next week bring your long arm. Couple SKS, ARs, H&K P91? few lever actions.... (you get idea)
    So we have bowling pins at 100 yds. Everyone lined up you fire one shot/next person (standing no brace) THEN mass fire on remaining pins.
    This pickup with 70+ yr old gent/his wife in old beater pickup come driving up. "Heard the shootin, thougt we should see what is going on as it sounded like a war"
    We had a Deputy as well as city cop who had their radios along. Just in case anyone called in gang war in very remote area. (course every Officer in nearest 5 towns would still be outmaned/gunned by group) :)

5. Link is still in the 19th post of this thread :)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  6. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936 Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Rebel South
    My point is that I realize that some levels of "training" have significantly more risk and danger than other levels of training. In the name of necessary "training", some risks are accepted by virtue of the fact that the gain outweighs the potential risks. At the same time, I understand that training and use of firearms are not always going to be under perfect or best conditions. All that being said, goofing around for the sake of goofing around and being unserious with firearms is something I do not support. Purhaps if they had done the same thing at a greater distance I wouldnt feel the same way but they didnt. Its not that I am some uptight firearms guy, im not. I just wouldnt do what I saw in this video.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  7. And the point that others - myself included - are trying to make is that guns are not just a serious business. Yes, you have to treat them with respect because they can still be dangerous, but it's not all about training or "training" (as there appears to be a difference if you put quotes around it). Sometimes it's about having fun. If you're not having fun, then I submit that you are the uptight firearms guy you claim you're not.

Guns and shooting aren't all about turning yourself into some champion, Zen-master, dour, serious, grumpy expert. Sometimes it's just about punching holes in crap and having a good time doing it.

BTW, I would wager that Hickok keeps tighter control of his range than most professional facilities. I don't know that for a fact, but everything about him tells me that he knows better than most how to balance the fun and the safe.

8. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003
    Your point is well taken.

You also have no way of knowing what type of ammo he was shooting. Since I don't recall him making THIS or many videos for "training" purposes, we cannot claim he is putting out poor grade training videos.

It was a fun video to watch, as I am sure it was fun for them to shoot (guns and video).