close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hi viz.. sizes front sight

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Stan G, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Stan G

Stan G
    Expand Collapse

Anyone have these for their glock? I was looking to leave the stock rear sight on, and hopefully get the hi viz slightly smaller than the stock in green.. Do-able? Also how durable are these sights?

2. Shadow106

Shadow106
    Expand Collapse

I use Hi Viz front sight light pipes on a BHP, a USP Compact, a Para P-12, my Ruger Mk III & SP101, Ruger 10-22, and my Glock 23. I put them on two Sigs that I carried for duty before retirement, and put them through some serious "beatings" over the years. I'm dead sold on the Hi Viz for the front. Rarely change the rear's out. I would go with the TFO's if I were to go "night sights", which don't work well for me. Because the TFO is fiber optic as well.

3. dr_hefley

dr_hefley
    Expand Collapse

I put the green HiViz on my G17 last week then shot an IDPA match with it. I'm impressed with them, they sure made a difference picking up targets. I kept my rear sights stock.

4. Stan G

Stan G
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the reply folks.. Have one on order.. My eyes don't pick up on the night sights I looked at as well so will try these first..

5. WacoGlock

WacoGlock
    Expand Collapse

I have the HiViz (green) front and rear sight. On a Glock 23 Very good for these tired old eyes.But they are not good at night or very low light. That is where the CT laser comes in to play. A good combination.