hi point carbine range report

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by billy b, Oct 21, 2013.

1. I wanted a plinking gun so I decided to buy a 40 cal hi point. to my surprise gun is accurate & very reliable. I"ve put around 200 rounds through it so far, mostly reloads. I put a red dot on it, at 25 yards with several different reloads 1" groups are the norm. I searched around & found a new one for $245. my only complaint is the trigger, rather mushy. if your looking for a cheap plinking gun its not bad. if your buying for a child or young adult I would get the 9mm. the 40 has a little recoil to it.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Hi-Point Carbine General Firearms Forum Dec 12, 2014
    WTS Hipoint 45 carbine 14 round mags Gun Parts & Accessories Oct 2, 2014
    HighPoint 45 carbine General Firearms Forum Jun 21, 2014
    Flash hider for 9mm Hi-Point carbine General Firearms Forum Oct 6, 2013
    PSA Patrol Carbine w/Aimpoint PRO $999 Black Rifle Forum Jun 24, 2013

3. I've heard good things about the carbines. But, I've not shot one yet.

4. There was a thread in the last month or so about them. It was titled "don't laugh" or something like that.

5. Congrats! :cool:

I've heard many good reports on the carbines.

6. Semms like alot of people who have one like it.

7. I have a couple of them in 9mm,,,don't laugh they work....

8. Not a gun I am proud of but I have the 9mm carbine. I paid about 100 bucks and sank another 40 in an ati stock. It is surprisingly very accurate. I can put an entire magazine through one hole with the irons (25m). Its really hard to shoot it badly. It is heavy and the magazines are not very sturdy at all.

9. The 45 mags are petty good. I bought three more last week.

[​IMG]

10. Congrats...I had a Hi-point in 45 and it never skipped a beat. I think I cleaned it once and never again, never jammed on any sort of ammo.

11. Hi Point :rofl::rofl::rofl:sorry had to do it :rofl:

12. I have considered buying one of these in 40 caliber. They seemed to work pretty reliably. Accuracy seems to be more than acceptable. If I can find one at the right price I'll be an owner.

Sent from my ONE_TOUCH_960C using Ohub Campfire mobile app