Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Hi Point 9mm with Super hot reloads and a barrel obstruction

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by DoctaGlockta, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Ran across these fellows torturing a hi point 9mm with some super hot reloads and then a barrel obstruction.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

Interesting results to say the least.

Enjoy and obliviously don't attempt at home.
  2. XDRoX

Jan 24, 2009
    San Diego
    Good video. Th funny thing is Hi Point will probably send them a new barrel. They're really good about warranties.

I've been meaning to pick one up. I can't believe the 8.5gr of BE didn't kaboom it.

3. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Gen4 BETATester

Jan 15, 2011
    For all the smack talk they get they seem to be sturdy guns.
  4. AZson

Oct 5, 2005
    I am surprised how good a gun it is. I may buy a .45 ACP one.
  5. EL_NinO619

EL_NinO619 EX-Swage Monkey

Aug 11, 2010
    San Diego
    What the hell, a bolt did not cause a KB??
  6. I'm not sure it even blew the magazine out. These guys did eventually blow this gun up but it took extraordinary measures.

First they got that pistol functioning again

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

Then the ultimate test

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  7. jmorris

Apr 13, 2006
    Proof positive that Crack doesn't smoke itself...
  8. Foxtrotx1

Jan 29, 2010
    Scottsdale AZ
    Suddenly the idea that an HK is less durable than a high point seems plausible.
  9. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Gen4 BETATester

Jan 15, 2011
    I wanna see a Glock Vs Hi-Point Torture test. I really really wonder if the Glock is as Kaboom durable as the Hi-Point is.
  10. ryanm

Aug 1, 2003
    Central Arkansas
    I like the Hi-Point 9mm. It's actually an okay-shooting target gun... and I don't care too much if I destroy it. I test my new reloads in it first. Then in the G17.

I kinda like the sights it came with, even.
  11. I just ordered one in 9mm and 45acp.

Does this get me my CRB card now?
  12. dbarry

dbarry Silver Member

Feb 15, 2010
    the Buckeye state
    uncle Phil, you gonna share the low points of your hi-point test? :O)
  13. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    Nope. It kinda puts the big kybosh on the whole "squib made my gun blow up" thing. It puts an even bigger poop on the whole "lead built up in my bore and made my gun blow up" thing.

A blocked pistol barrel won't blow up any well made gun. Ruger demonstrated this when it introdued the P89. They threaded a bolt down the barrel and fired it, no damage. Then they proceeded to repeat the test with progressively larger pieces of slide cut away. It took a while and the slide was almost a skeleton before the gun "KB'd" by cracking the slide. It was not a catostrophic failure either. The slide just cracked and bent a little.
  14. fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    SO it's a sturdy POS? I'm sure the blowback design has something to do with it staying together. If you just want a gun to go bang, a HiPoint is certainly an option. I have better things to spend my money on though.:upeyes:
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  15. Fritzer

Jun 15, 2004
    Huh, Put me in the I'm amazed category too.
    Anybody know where a Hi Point falls in the "case head support" or lack of?

I did note that the hi point is a blow back design. Maybe that has something to do with the pressure relief, compared to a locked breach.

And see the way they got it to blow was to put the C-clamp across the barrel to slide, really locking the breach. In the other over pressure tests, the slide was going back so violently that it flew out of a metal vise.
  16. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO
    Anyone who has ever worked in a gun shop or been in the game before semi's became so popular has seen more than one revolver with two, three and even four bullets lodged in the barrel. Normally the only resulting damage ended up being a ringed, (bulged) barrel.

I'm not sure what goes through some people's mind. If the second bullet didn't dislodge the first bullet what makes them think the third or forth will?

17. albyihat

Aug 3, 2007
    SW Montana
    Nobody likes a quitter.
  18. What has been your experience with them Fred? I know they have a lot of haters. The more I look into them the more I see folks who have one don't really think they deserve all the Scheisse that gets thrown at them. They are made in the USA and they have a no questions asked warranty. They look fugly but some think the same of Glocks.
  19. ricklee4570

Sep 11, 2009
    Awesome videos! I couldnt stop laughing.
  20. fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    I got to handle & shoot an early model at the range once. Someone had one, couldn't hit much with it, so I asked to shoot it. I couldn't do much better. Yep, hell for stout, cheap, built like a tank & useful for a bludgeon if you run dry. Heavy, bulky, poor trigger, poor accuracy, handles like a brick. I just don't see the point. SOme guys are into cheap tools, cars, cloths, whatever floats your boat, I would rather buy a used Glock or cheap Ruger for about the same money.:dunno:
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011