Hi from West Michigan

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by SteveC01, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Good Morning GT, I have been lurking for a couple months now reading and researching and decided to finally join up now since I bought my first Glock a couple days ago.

After waiting in line for 2 hours for to get into the new Cabelas in Grandville MI a day early (The grand opening was on 3/21 but they had a Cabelas card member day on 3/20) I picked up a new Gen3 G19 FDE. I was 5th in Line so as soon as I got in the store I headed straight for the handgun counter. Somehow I ended up at the glass case full of Glocks right away. I asked the guy in he had any G19's, he said yeah, I looked down and saw the G19 in FDE and told him I want that one. 30 minutes later I was out the door with 4 boxes of 115gr range ammo and my G19.

In Michigan we have to take some paperwork to our local police, so my first stop was to do that. As I started talking to the Sargent who answered the door bell (my town has no police, it was a county sheriff station in our city hall building) I looked down and noticed he was carrying a G22 RTF2 with Fish Gills. He and I ended up chatting about glocks for 30 minutes and at one point he asked if I had ever felt the RFT2 grip, I said "Nope", he said "Go Ahead". That will probably be the only time a cop ever asks if I want to check out his sidearm. Coolest Cop Ever.

Sorry if I rambled, it was a cold but fun morning.

Steve

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!

Attached Files:

• 052.jpg
      052.jpg
      File size:
      739.4 KB
      Views:
  2. :welcome: Enjoy GT....................

3. Welcome to the forum!

4. :welcome: Steve!

Cool looking gun! I hear the FDE's are running $8-900 around here. A lot of folks seem to be buying them as investments.

Have fun & be safe!

5. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

:welcome:

6. Welcome aboard, and hello from West Michigan. I have been away for a while. Great looking piece. Hoping to get a 4th gen G19 soon. Give us an update after you take her to the range. :wavey:

7. JLeòdhas

JLeòdhas Alba gu bràth!!

Welcome to the forum from Alabama.

8. Welcome Steve. Enjoy your new Glock.

9. Thats awesome!! Welcome to Glocktalk. You will probably get addicted to it!! I was at that Cabelas the day it opened. What a madhouse!! R. Lee Ermey was there today. I wish I had known about that, I would like to shake that mans hand.

10. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Price wise, it was decent from what I have seen, $549. The date on the envelope with the spent brass was 2/26/13, so almost a month old.

My brother and I went shooting yesterday (he just bought a Diamondback DB9) and I was able to put 60 rounds through my G19. No issues or problems, ran perfectly, just the way you would expect a Glock to work. We went to a sort of unofficial target/skeet area at a local public hunting ground, so my next stop with it will hopefully be a range to get a better feel for the sights. Planning to make it my EDC once I take the CCW class and get my permit.

On a side note, my wife was rather unhappy with my purchase, that is until I told her the FDE can pull a little more on resale. Didn't mention to her that this will be the first of a collection :thumbsup:

#12 SteveC01, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  11. I too was at Cabelas that day. Just before 9am wasnt that line outside crazy? I was about the 8-9th person in the handgun line after they opened. I also purchased a Gen4 G19 but in the standard black. I went back a few days later and picked up the G26 in FDE though. After finding out everyone in west michigan had no glocks I couldn't wait for that Cablelas to open. lol

12. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Roseville, Michigan!