Hi from Arizona

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by FrankB1948, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Hi
    My name is Frank; I split my time between Prescott and Litchfield Park Arizona. I am retired after working 34 years at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station. I’ve been a hunter, shooter and reloader for 30 plus years, but I just bought my first Glock last May. It is a model 22. I haven’t loaded the 40 S&W before but I have extensive experience reloading both rifles and revolvers. I found this site while researching handloading the 40S&W for Glocks.
    I currently shoot at the Prescott Sportsman’s club, and occasionally out in the National Forest. Looking forward to discussing reloading and shooting the 40, and possible modifications to improve my weapon.I am particularly interested in the various issues associated with reloading a not fully supported chamber such as the Glock. I have read about the KABOOMS but I am not convinced that a methodical reloader is just as safe with the Glock as any other semi-auto firing a high pressure round.
    Look forward to some interesting discussions.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Moving to Arizona input Grand Canyon Glockers Friday at 10:48 AM
    Buckeye Arizona Police Cruiser/Taxi? Cop Talk Jul 16, 2015
    Hello from Washington/Idaho/Arizona Introduction Forum Jun 13, 2015
    Polygamist Towns Ordered To Pay Arizona $2 Million Plus Political Issues Jun 11, 2015
    Hi from Arizona Introduction Forum Jun 7, 2015

3. Welcome from a fellow new guy Frank!

Thanks to the crazy ammo price trend I'm ready to delve into reloading. I'll be really interested in how your .40 reloading goes & might just pick your brain for tips & suggestions if you wouldn't mind!

#2 NWFLG27, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  4. :welcome:

#3 bac1023, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  5. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

6. Welcome to the forum!

7. Illini_Glock

Illini_Glock USAF Veteran

Welcome to the forum! I'm up the road from you in Sun City and just getting into reloading. I'd love to pick your brain a bit if you get a chance.

8. Be glad to help if you have questions, I should have added all of my metallic cartridge experience is with a single stage Rockchucker. Just send me a pm with youyr question
    Frank

9. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!

10. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

:welcome: Enjoy GT....................