close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hi Cap Pump...

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by beaversgs, Nov 11, 2013.

1. beaversgs

beaversgs

Dec 3, 2001
    Boone, NC
    I've got a Maverick 88 that I'm considering adding an Adaptive Technologies Drum kit to or maybe even the Black Aces receiver swap, so I can use Saiga mags. I realize that this will change the balance of the gun and make it a heavy beast. But who doesn't love a drum fed pump gun:)

I'd like to hear feedback from folks who've used the new AT product, or even the older Knoxx Sidewinder kits (I've heard the new AT are much more reliable).

Thanks,

GregB

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013

2. beaversgs

beaversgs

Dec 3, 2001
    Boone, NC
    Hear, hear:) Just can't get my head or wallet around a @1K Kel Tec. Have also considered the UTAS 15 for around the same price. Wish the UTAS had a rail to mount a grip on the pump handle. Reloads are still slow, though:)...

GregB

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  3. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

Oct 20, 2009
    Eastern NC
    My Benelli Nova will hold 13+1. Could have gone for 15+1, but that would have made the tube 4" longer than the barrel. A drum will definitely get in the way of pumping. I don't think a saiga box magazine would inhibit much though.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  4. beaversgs

beaversgs

Dec 3, 2001
    Boone, NC
    The kit actually comes with a handle (kind of like a vertical grip) that can be screwed into the forend in one of 3 positions. I prefer it on the left side at an angle. For me, this allows me to work the action without the drum getting in the way. What's the barrel length on that Nova:)?

GregB

5. beaversgs

beaversgs

Dec 3, 2001
    Boone, NC
    Now, I'm looking hard at the Black Aces receiver that takes Saiga mags. It's pricier still at @$300, but mags will be more plentiful and cheaper, and it'd take the 20 round drum:)

GregB

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  6. Angry Fist

Angry Fist The Original® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    Interesting... can't find a good set of pics.

7. My 2 cents. What do you intend to do with your shotgun? I have three short barreled or interchangeable barreled shotguns around my place. Why? Because at no notice I may have to fire a shotgun. I don't have time to go back and get it. I will in all likelihood fire one or two rounds but I have 6-8. If there is a fire fight requiring prolonged engagement maybe I better use a rifle with high (or should I say standard) cap mags. In that case if I'm by myself I hope my affairs are in order.

8. beaversgs

beaversgs

Dec 3, 2001
    Boone, NC
    I hear you. The "practical" applications of it are minimal, but the cool factor is off the charts:) Reminds me of my Saiga 12 with the drum. More fun than a barrel of monkeys at the range and great for "Just in case"....

GregB

9. Yeah fun factor sounds like it is definitely there. Enjoy it.

10. beaversgs

beaversgs

Dec 3, 2001
    Boone, NC
    Does anyone out there have any trigger time with the Blace Aces conversion yet? My $300 price may have been low, now they seem to be asking $350 -$400. Not sure how many they'll sell at that price point. I'm still interested, but want to hear more about them before I take the plunge.

Thanks,

GregB