Hi-Cap Mags on EBay... Since When??

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by DaBurna, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Now the madness has spilled over to EBay... I NEVER SAW anything above 10 rounders before this hysteria began...

>$100.00 for G18 Mags?' WTH??

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. My auctions get nixed, Ebay police are whiping them out.

3. G-18 ? are you sure about that, I thought we could not get a G-18 in the US

#3 dstanley66, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  4. Hes reffering to the Glock 33 round mags.

5. ok, wish I could get a g-18, got plenty of hi-cap mags

6. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

They are nice to have........

[​IMG]
    I use them with my 40-9mm conversion barrel.

:supergrin:

7. i saw a Ruger BX 25 mag on Ebay bid up to $67 earlier today. I just ordered one last week from Cabelas' for my 10-22 for $24.99 shipped free to my mansion here in Texas.

8. I found three locally for $24.99 yesterday. I was so thankful the LGS didn't try to hose me that I sent them a e-mail telling them they've earned a regular customer.

9. I didn't even know they allowed low-cap mags.

They don't seem to be doing a very good job at policing. Just search for PMAG and you will see many auctions ending shortly so they've been running for awhile.

10. Glockdude1

CLM

Many of those sellers have PayPal as a payment option.

Not a wise choice.

If a buyer files a complaint, they might just get "free" Pmags......

:whistling:

11. Ebay recently made changes loosening their policy concerning magazines and other firearm accessories. They began allowing some of this stuff to be sold, however you could not list anything concerning "black" rifles. I list parts for AR15 and that name cannot appear anywhere in the ad or it will get automatically nixed, sometimes you can't get it to even take the ad (like if you say AR-15 in the title.)

I think we'll see new policies pretty soon with all that's going on, back to the old way where you can't sell magazines or any of that.

12. And the buyer would probably get their Paypal account closed. I suppose they could just reopen another one though, unless Paypal blacklists them.

#12 cowboy1964, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  13. So since EBay owns Paypal, I assume Paypal allows this as well now?

This makes more sense now. There are literally 1000+ auctions currently on EBay for PMAGs.

#13 cowboy1964, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  14. Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:

You have listed a magazine that hold more than 10 rounds. We only allow magazines with a maximum capacity of 10 rounds or less. We have this policy in place due to laws and regulations in states that restricted high capacity magazines.

Also, it has been determined that the manufacturer ?Magpul? only makes the PMAG magazines available in capacities that exceed 10 rounds. Because of this they are not allowed on the site at all. See the following link for more information: http://store.magpul.com/prod_detail_list/PMAG

We realize you may not have been aware of this policy, but we ask that you not relist that item. We want to make sure you keep you account in great standings!

Magazines with a capacity of 10 rounds or less may be listed. However, the capacity must be stated in the item description, or clearly visible within the images used in the listing. If there are contradicting terms (i.e. 10 rounds or less is stated, but the image shows 15) these listings may also be removed.

eBay prohibits the sale of magazines that accept more than 10 rounds, typically referred to as "high capacity" magazines. These items may not be sold, regardless of how they are described in the listing.

For more information on our policy, please review visit the Firearms section of the following link: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

All fees related to this listing have been credited to your account. We also notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension.

15. Glockdude1

CLM

There are still quite a few pmags for sale on ebay.....

:cool:

16. I have seen magazines and holsters on there for years. Prices have gone nuts on there too. :steamed: