close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

HGH suppliments. Do they work?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ICARRY2, May 29, 2012.

1. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

Just curious if anyone here takes HGH suppliments?

If so, what was the reason and are they effective?

What suppliment did you take?

2. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

3. agent clark

agent clark

I haven't used any myself, but know a few that have and they claim major results. I'm no expert, and believe it to be safer than the older bulking steroids, but I still kinda thinking your burning up your clock ahead of time. I could be wrong, maybe it adds to your clock, and proves to be "the fountain". It sure seems to help with healing injuries, thats why people I know used it.

4. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

My understanding is that true HGH is an incredibly expensive IV prescription only and there is no such thing as an HGH suppliment. HH

5. silentpoet

silentpoet

Some substances can produce a measurable increase in human growth hormone. The question i have is if this produces real world results.

6. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

I don't know much about GH. It is an IM injection, not IV, and is not cheap. Years ago at a powerlifting meet, an older lifter said that "steroids make you strong, but GH makes you strong for life". He felt that GH supported more than just the muscles.

If I could afford it, I'd look into it for low to moderate doses for anti-aging, especially in conjunction with testosterone replacement. Note that I have no interest in using it to build muscle, just would like to slow down the aging process.

7. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

They are not supplements. Usually injections of the human growth hormone is given during adolescence before the epiphyseal plates are not fused together yet.

HGH is a natural occuring hormone secreted by the pituitary gland. It doesn't necessarily speed up the aging process..
    It is administered by injection in series. It can be continued for years, but usually limited because the risk of acromegaly.
    The results are very significant when used properly and medically.
    ding ding ding!
    Costs can be from $2,000-$4,000 give or take per injection. A series I've hear can be up to $40,000 a year.

8. silentpoet

silentpoet

I was not referring to hgh. I was referring to supplements that stimulate the release of hgh in the body.

9. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Oh. Amino acids and such. L-arginine, L-glutamine, blablabla. I don't know it down to the chemistry but I highly doubt it has any significant results. Researchers will always say there are studies proving for it and against. I never believe a word of that crap.