close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hey; Unemployed Coppers

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by smokeross, Aug 7, 2011.

1. smokeross

smokeross GTDS Member #49

May 15, 2011
    Alaska
    Positions open in Kenai, Alaska. You know, the place where you can catch a King Salmon as large as your boat. $5300 a month and all the Brown Bears you can hose with the shotgun. 3 killed just last month in town by cops.
    Front Site Resort walking distance from my house. We can go shoot all YOUR guns and ammo whenever I feel like it.:supergrin: Just be sure to bring Vigilant, Hack, and Dragoon up with you for a visit when you get hired on. Hell bring them to the interview. Should be enough right there to get the job, just knowing those Worthies.

2. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    Ohio
    Any lateral transfer benefits?

3. smokeross

May 15, 2011
    Alaska
    How would I know. I just repeated what I saw in the paper. Better call the K.P.D. 907 283 7879

4. He might have thought you worked for the department :wavey: Thanks for posting it Ross. Enjoy the nice weather, while it lasts:supergrin:

5. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Jan 2, 2008
    Lost Coast, Cali
    Web page does not have any info about laterals, but here is chief's email:

gsandahl@ci.kenai.ak.us

Gus Sandahl

6. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Gotta retire from this one first.:)

7. smokeross

May 15, 2011
    Alaska
    Or take a much needed vacation. I'll loan you a fish pole. Later, after you've cleaned the catch, we can walk back to Front Site and blast holes in their targets with my hand cannons.:whistling:

8. smokeross

May 15, 2011
    Alaska
    The best weather starts in November. That's when we fork the sno goes and tear across the terrain on those 140 horse power, snow shredding machines.:cool:

9. If I were a couple decades younger, I would give it some serious thought. Not having gone to Alaska in my younger years is one of the few regrets that I have.

10. glock21xxx

glock21xxx

Apr 10, 2009
    This for anyone? Or just current LEO's?

11. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Would love to. But, the family in NY is calling for next year with my kid and her cousins graduating.:supergrin:

12. smokeross

May 15, 2011
    Alaska
    IIRC. the ad had 2 pay scales. One for current, and another for new. Shoot an email to the link a few posts up and ask. Good luck.

13. I wonder if they'll take a part-time guy. 6 months in Kenai during the summer and 6 months in Maui starting in October...:supergrin:

14. Pvt.snoballz

Pvt.snoballz

May 13, 2008
    Miami
    what would be a good time to call...im on the other side of the country so im gonna need to plan this a bit lol.

anything regarding non-certifieds?

15. trifecta

trifecta

Nov 17, 2008
    DFW
    Looks like the position closed on 5 August.

16. I made a marriage proposal similar to that once: Married in the winter, single in the summer. It was not well received. :supergrin:

17. vanilla_gorilla

vanilla_gorilla

May 31, 2005
    Florida
    Sounds like a lot of fun, but I don't know how I or my wife would handle Alaska cold. I'm a native Florida boy.