close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hey Ron Paul fans, did you see his tweet about Chris Kyle?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by cowboy1964, Feb 4, 2013.

1. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR Silver Member

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Apparently, if we weren't such "bullies", no one would ever consider coming here to take what belongs to us out of sheer decency.

Or, G19G20 could talk them out of it... apparently.

2. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    If need be, but the way things are going these days I don't think it's a foreign military I have to worry about.

You guys are aware the gov't is trying to disarm you, right? There's only one reason governments do that to their people.

See above comment to glotin. No one is going to invade this country militarily for a multitude of reasons. The commies are working on doing that without a hint of violence...so far. This would be a topic for it's own thread though.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013

3. QNman

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Wait... Other countries have a military?

4. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Oct 20, 2002
    Mm..looks like heaven
    Because they're liberals? Liberals ALWAYS try to ban guns - it's in their nature. Or, were you even alive in 1994 to see that ban?

5. QNman

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    No, not a multitude of reasons... Only one reason. Because we would kick their ass. The military does that; not you.

6. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    Your point? It's still happening regardless of the who. The WHY is what is important.

7. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy

He wasn't talking about the military. He was talking about you and me QN.

8. QNman

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Yamamoto was a wise man. Not all dictators are.

Me, I'd fight to repel all invaders to my dying breath. But I'm not delusional enough to think that with modern weaponry as it is, you and I would hold up very long.

9. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    Thread got way off track here so Ill just say that the tweet could have been worded better and less "direct", but it still contains truth. I will always come down on the side of the truth before I worry about someone's feelings.

Till next time....

10. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    In the aftermath of Ron Paul’s despicable tweet today slamming US Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle, murdered on Saturday while helping a fellow soldier learn to cope with post traumatic stress syndrome, Paul’s son, Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) has told Breitbart News exclusively, “Chris Kyle was a hero like all Americans who don the uniform to defend our country. Our prayers are with his family during this tragic time.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/02/04/Rand-Paul-responds-Ron-Paul

11. Zombie Surgeon

Zombie Surgeon MODELATOR

Sep 6, 2012
    The last person I would like to watch my six would be a spineless despicable cowardly piece of dog excrement like you.

12. Prayers?

Does he mean prayers to God, or is it just an expression?

What would our Ronulan atheist troll say to that?

13. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Oct 6, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Yamamoto never said that, of course.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/misquoting-yamamoto/

Another instance of you not checking your facts before trying to spin your BS. That might work when you're hustling bimbos when your wife ain't around, but it doesn't fly here. :supergrin:

14. chickenwing

chickenwing

Sep 24, 2010
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Ron is the offspring of Hitler and Stalin. Because of a tweet declaring a warrior for the government died by the hands of another government employee, who was f'ed up because the government sent him to the sandbox. He is now comparable to Hitler and Stalin?

So, by your logic(if it exists) questioning the authority of the State to commit constant warfare, is going to turn this country into a Russian gulag or Nazi death camp? And give Ron Paul the super hybrid Nazi/Russian army he needs to enact limited government?
    And wow, posters agree with you. :faint:

I'm not necessarily on G19G20's side. But what you said is nonsense. You are saying Ron Paul would ask him to kill somebody?

That is a serious accusation. Any proof or evidence?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  15. Zombie Surgeon

Zombie Surgeon MODELATOR

Sep 6, 2012

You missed the point by approximately 3.5 miles.
    Read my post again tomorrow morning after you wake up and before you hit the bottle again.

16. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Oct 20, 2002
    Mm..looks like heaven
    You remember that, too...funny.

17. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    It's good propaganda, isn't it? I don't know, nor care, if the quote is verified. It's still true, is it not? Wouldn't you and I shoot at invaders side by side if there really was an invasion to this country? Serious here. There would be rifles behind every blade of grass. Ignoring the bs we do on this forum, wouldn't we share mags if the Chinese army was landing in San Diego? I think so.

Namaste

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  18. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    I'd love ta see this diatribe spouted ftf with a vet,it would be a painful lesson learned.As ta the above,this nation is not that way anymore.The greatest generation is just about gone and this one is just pathetic.'08.

19. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    The tweet was premature, judgmental, insulting, and based on speculation. It is proof that a peacenik military hating hippie like Pauldid not deserve to be CINC. Consider that with his campaign trail lies about Military support, and I take back most if the nice things I said about him

Rand better shut the demented old fool up before he ruins his chances too.

20. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    No. It's not true. Do you know how many blades of grass there are in an acre. How about a single state. Your claim to be there fighting a foreign invader is conveniently worthless. Past performance is go guarantee of future performance, but it is an indicator.