close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hey Kevin....at Underwood

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by deadandgone, Dec 21, 2011.

1. deadandgone

deadandgone

Jul 27, 2010
    The non reloaders here want to know....what might you have coming up that will make us drool? Gold dots? Silvertips?

Come on Santa, we've been good.

dEaDandgone

2. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    Personally my vote is for 155-165gr golddots, and a 200gr hardcast.

3. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I would second 165 Gold Dots in the mid 1300s. That is what I carry now, but I would prefer to carry factory loads. I don't want to start up the handloads vs. factory argument. Carrying factory ammo would be my personal preference. However, since I don't know of a viable factory option, I am running with my home brew.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  4. SolidBrass

SolidBrass Against Shiny

Sep 2, 2011
    And I would second the 200gr hardcast!:supergrin:

Dr.: "We can remove this crayon from your brain. It could vastly increase your brain power, or it could kill you."

Homer: "Vastly increase my killing power eh?! I'LL DO IT!!!"

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  5. dryfly

dryfly Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2009
    White Mountains NH
  6. rcd567

rcd567

Feb 5, 2011
    Near Glenwood, Iowa
    <TABLE id=post18218593 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #8c735a 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #8c735a 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #8c735a 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #8c735a 1px solid" class=alt2 width=175></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #8c735a 1px solid" id=td_post_18218593 class=alt1><!-- message -->Quote:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by awdxtc [​IMG]
    I would like to get some hot gold dots in 165gn for carry this winter, anyone know if underwood can do custom loadings?
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    We're working on adding Gold Dot to our entire production line. 10mm will be the first to get them.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>:wavey: Check page 3 of the Underwoods expanding their selection thread...He states Gold Dots are on order and will include the 10mm.

7. kjunderwood

kjunderwood

Nov 23, 2011
    Charleston, WV

Sorry for such a belated reply - as I noted to others, we've been incredibly busy, but that's a VERY good thing!

The Gold Dots and more XTPs will be the first to be added...could be in stock by the end of January as long as everything stays on schedule.

Now...have you honestly been good? Or just good at not getting caught?

8. xtremetj

xtremetj

Nov 27, 2010
    Texas
    I'm going to have to pay close attention... I really want some of those Gold Dot rounds!!!

What's your thoughts on the XTPs? Are they decent? How do they perform out of the 10mm?

9. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

My experience with the XTP in the 10mm is excellent. Very accurate bullet in many weapons and excellent hunting bullet. Deeper penetration than most other jacketed bullets. If you're XTP bullets aren't accurate, you've had way too much coffee. :)

10. deadandgone

deadandgone

Jul 27, 2010
    Honestly, I was good for at least part of a day.

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the gold dots, and the xtps, and the candy, and the eggnog......

11. Pointshoot

Pointshoot

Jul 23, 2009
    Here's one more vote for a 200gr hardcast load that'll run through a stock G20.

12. ArmyDoc

ArmyDoc

May 16, 2011
    Reminds me of the old story about the guy who was praying

"Lord, I done pretty good today, if'n I do say so myself. I ain't cursed or coveted, an I aint lost my temper even. An I wanna thank you for that Lord. I know I couldn't have done it without you no how. But now Lord, I'm fixen to get out of bed, and I reckon things are gonna get a lot tougher. Please be with me, amen."

Which part were you good - the part where you wuz sleepin? :thumbsup:

13. reel1

reel1

Nov 12, 2010
    georgia
    I just ordered some 10mm, 30 carbine and 38 ammo from them, i'm so glad to have somewhere i can get good ammo and good prices!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

14. cablecutter

cablecutter

Jan 21, 2010
    Provo, UT
    have you ever thought about sending some ammo to hickok45 to test and shoot kevin?

i bet it would boost sales

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  15. JimIsland

JimIsland

Aug 1, 2011
    Charleston,SC
    He's probably having a tough time keeping up as it is!!

16. kjunderwood

kjunderwood

Nov 23, 2011
    Charleston, WV
    Not sure who that is...does he do videos?
    I'd be interested to hear more. Thanks!

17. spitboy

spitboy

Sep 7, 2010

go to youtube and search for "hickok45" he does many many reviews of guns - ammo - targets - reloading

I'd love to have that guy's backyard range and ammo budget

fun videos

18. Chainlink

Chainlink

Oct 25, 2009
    Florida
    YEAH hickok45 is a member at GT too... He also likes the mighty 10.

I'm bummed he reviewed a rifle I want recently......I thought finding one used was hard before now I bet impossible. CZ527 Carbine.