Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Hey, got myself a new M&P .45 4 1/2"

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Zell, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Zell

Zell IrregularMember

Apr 22, 2007
    Got it this morning so no rounds through it yet. Looking forward to it. I already have a M&P 9c so now I have a single parent family going on here. Yahoo! Thought I'd share the good news.

2. waiting patiently for a range report, are you going to cc this gun? i was also interested in this model, have fun at the range:wavey:

3. Zell

Zell IrregularMember

Apr 22, 2007
    Thanks! No cc. It's too big and long. I'll use my M&P 9c for that. This one is mostly for target practice, shooting pumpkins and watermelons, home defense, Zombie attacks, and whatever else (more pumpkins and watermelons, and cantaloupes as well).
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  4. powder86

powder86 SHOOT SAFE!

I'd be interested in your thoughts as it compares to a 21sf. I may pick one of them up in the next year. Want a full size 45 for the house.
  5. Zell, I just purchased one new and it's already sent Fed Ex back to S&W.

I have the dreaded "dead trigger"
  6. SauerChoi

Aug 12, 2011
  7. Gary1911A1

Jun 14, 2005
    Ohio for now
    I think you will like it. You might need to get some work done to the trigger, but other than that the M&P45 is good to go.
  8. gatorboy

Jul 26, 2001
    It's pretty nice
    I've got a G4 21 and a 4.5" M&P. Both are great full size 45's. I like the stock M&P sights better. M&P is considerably thinner. I also have the M&P 45 compact and they are interchangable which is a nice option: four guns in two. I don't like the beavertails on the full size M&P's so with the three round capacity advantage of the Glock, I'd choose the 21 but i'm not selling either of them.
  9. Glockwork Orange

Glockwork Orange

Nov 1, 2000

I'll second that! I got rid of my M&P 41/2" because the muzzle would hit the chair/bench when I sat and pop it up in the Don Hume I was using...traded it and got me an M&P 4" compact and problem solved!
  10. Congrats on pulling the trigger on the M&P! I think one of the good things about the M&P line is that they aren't radically different from the Glock so it's not like learning a new gun but different enough in some places to make it feel like you aren't just shooting a clone. I will never give up my Glocks in .45 but the M&P45 is just such a great shooting machine.

Let us know how she shoots!
  11. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    Very nice

Congrats! :cool: