close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hey D.C.!! Mepis 3.4 is out!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by biblefreak, Nov 22, 2005.

1. biblefreak

biblefreak

Mar 4, 2003
    West Texas
    Thought I would pass on Mepis 3.4 RC1 is out. Supposed to be final on all except for Mozilla 1.5 being completed. I am downloading the ISO now. I will post back with thoughts later.

Justin

2. Yes I downloaded it earlier!!! :) It looks good.The first iso was incomplete but they've fixed the download now.I think it's the best yet.

3. biblefreak

biblefreak

Mar 4, 2003
    West Texas
    I agree. The only snag I have run into that I can't seem to overcome is I can't get any streaming Windows Media files to play through Firefox. They work fine using conquerer, but konquerer is soooooo sllooooowwww!!

Justin

4. Yes that was a problem in other Mepis releases too.It's because of the default player in Firefox.I was a bit surprized that Mepis started including the win32-codecs.Very early versions of Mepis didn't.Maybe the condecs for the player in Konqueror are a bit different.Anyway it's only the default player in each.