close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Here's my little collectors item

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by Melissa5, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Melissa5

Melissa5
    Expand Collapse

My first GAP and my first OD green gun. Test fired by Glock on 11/16/09. I bought it as NIB for $400 on Auction Arms. Field stripped it and sure enough, it is new. My guess is that it sat in the guys gun shop for almost a year and no one wanted to buy it.

My ammo is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so I'll let ya'll know how it shoots then.

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. dbarry

dbarry
    Expand Collapse

Nice! Great price. Enjoy.

3. smith10

smith10
    Expand Collapse
    10MM WOOOOOOT

Nice, good deal.

I want to get a g38 first then a g39.

4. yesitsloaded

yesitsloaded
    Expand Collapse

Just picked up a 38 ($399 BNIB) and am still on the hunt for a 39.

Found Ball ammo no problem online (around $20-24 per 50) and my chosen carry round, Corbon DPX self defense ammo for as low as $34 online (per 20) as well.

The quest to go 'all GAP' continues!

5. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr
    Expand Collapse

6. Slug71

Slug71
    Expand Collapse

Very Nice!

7. Melissa5

Melissa5
    Expand Collapse

I took her to the range today and ran 75 rounds through her. First, 25 185 gr. Gold Dots. There were 2 failures where the slide locked back with a round in the chamber. My thumb was hitting the extended slide stop. So, I adjusted my grip and fired 25 185 gr. American Eagles with no failures. Then I fired 25 230 gr. WWBs with 2 failures to extract. By that time, my hand was tired and I guess I limp wristed. Overall, I am pleased with the new G39 and glad that I didn't let the naysayers at the firing range talk me out of buying it.

Here she is wearing a GAP base plate and a limbsaver grip.

[​IMG]

8. yesitsloaded

yesitsloaded
    Expand Collapse

Very nice - still looking for my deal on a 39 (37 and 38 in - almost all GAP).

I swear by my GAP floorplate for my 27 (would you know if the extra one I got for the 27 that's lying in my drawer will fit on my 39 when I get one?)- Although my 'manly hands' don't get to tired shooting my baby glocks, I'd still like to know what are your thoughts on the limbsaver?

Best factory ball ammo deal I have seen is $23.26 on Cheaper than Dirt. Would you PM me with your manufacturer, cost per round and grain info too?

9. Melissa5

Melissa5
    Expand Collapse

Yes, AFAIK the GAP floor plates only come in one size and will fit all of the baby Glocks (26/27/33/39).

I really like the limbsaver although it does make the grip a little thicker. The pad at the top of the backstrap cushions my knuckle where the recoil causes the gun to bang into it.

PM sent about ammo.