close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Here it is - plans for total gun ban

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by edtf, May 21, 2010.

1. edtf

edtf
    Expand Collapse

Guys, I just picked this up and I will be spreading this around.

The PNP wants to extend the Comelec gun ban & implement a permanent total gun ban. Are you for this or would you like to try to request for you to continue having your right to be able to protect yourself & your loved ones? If so, pls join us in a casual meeting on Tues, 25 May 2010, 3:00pm at Club Filipino. We have to meet asap as the PNP is planning a Firearm Summit on June 2 wherein they are expected to set the mechanics for a permanent total gun ban.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. De Angelo

De Angelo
    Expand Collapse

GAGAWA na naman ng pera ang Crame..

#2 De Angelo, May 21, 2010
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
  3. Black_SIR

Black_SIR
    Expand Collapse

:wow::wow::wow::wow: please dont .... unless they assure a 100% crime free country..:steamed:

4. glock4ever!

glock4ever!
    Expand Collapse

I'm a pro-gun and would like to support our rights to own handguns for recreation and for self defense. I hope I could attend, but I am outside the Philippines right now. I hope others would be able to attend though. I'm againts any measure to ban handguns to those law abiding citizens in the Philippines. Sana it will never happen.

5. st. matthew

st. matthew
    Expand Collapse
    c_w@_u_need_2_c

o bogs action na :cool:

6. saki1611

saki1611
    Expand Collapse
    BOG's #1611

i'm a pro-gun, i support whatever is best for the citizenry in defending their lives and properties through their own means for as long as it is in accordance with the law. but sad to say, gun ownership in the Philippines is not a "right", it's just a privilege that is subject to some conditions.

7. batangueno

batangueno
    Expand Collapse
    Shock Resist

Thanks to those attending the meeting and helping in any way that the total gun ban never happens. Good luck.

8. PMMA97

PMMA97
    Expand Collapse
    MNSAmessdetail

Dapat isama si Noynoy sa usap na yan.

9. MERCMADE

MERCMADE
    Expand Collapse
    BULLET PROOF

thats a good idea

10. edtf

edtf
    Expand Collapse

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=577921&publicationSubCategoryId=65

PNP to hold summit on extended gun ban
    By Cecille Suerte Felipe (The Philippine Star) Updated May 24, 2010 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine National Police (PNP) is set to hold the 2nd National Gun Control Summit before the end of the month to discuss whether or not to extend the nationwide gun ban, which will expire on June 9.

PNP chief Director General Jesus Verzosa said the summit was also meant to find out the sentiment and concerns of the different sectors of society on gun control.

The Commission on Elections (Comelec) imposed the nationwide gun ban from Jan. 10 to June 9 in connection with the May 10 national and local elections. The Comelec and the PNP assessed that nationwide gun ban was one of the major factors for the most peaceful and orderly elections in the Philippine history.

“It will be one interesting topic. We will invite all of you, we may even use the summit in looking for effective measures in protecting yourself (other than carrying firearms),” Verzosa said.

Verzosa said representatives from gun owners’ groups, Gunless Society, firearms dealers, the National Bureau of Investigation, Armed Forces of the Philippines, and media organizations will be invited to the summit.

Earlier, Verzosa revealed plans of permanently suspending the issuance of permits to carry firearms outside of residence (PTCFOR) even after the election period because of the apparent success of the total gun ban in curbing crimes. “But we have to consult all the stakeholders,” he said.

The PNP held the first gun summit in May 2009, after which the PNP leadership recommended to President Arroyo to grant amnesty to holders of loose firearms.

The President ordered the PNP to implement the gun amnesty program from Oct. 1 to Nov. 30, 2009 as the PNP estimated that there were about 1.1 million loose firearms nationwide. The PNP said 97 percent of loose firearms are used in committing crimes.

11. CatsMeow

CatsMeow
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to see that.

If ever there was a drop in crime, was it because of the gun ban per se? Or was it actually the enforcement of the same, i.e. checkpoints? What were the criminals afraid of, the gun ban itself, or the possibility that they would run into a checkpoint and get caught?

12. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

I would guess it's the checkpoints and the news na walang areglo pag nahuli
    In short ,strict enforcement of the law

13. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19
    Expand Collapse
    Toink!

14. saki1611

saki1611
    Expand Collapse
    BOG's #1611

I agree, it was not the gun ban that the crime rate dropped but because of its implementation that affected the criminals. The would be criminals would not mind the gunban, it's the least concern they have in mind. Why not change the gunban to "criminal ban" with the same intensity in implementing the gunban? Just my 2 cents...

15. De Angelo

De Angelo
    Expand Collapse

Since when did Criminals use a PTCFOR?? kinda dumb..

16. Evan N. Payawal

Evan N. Payawal
    Expand Collapse

Despite anything that the current PNP leadership intends to do in that summit, it will be up to the next president to determine CCW privileges.

I just hope si "President Apparent" is truly pro-LEGAL GUNS.

17. Black_SIR

Black_SIR
    Expand Collapse

ptcfor natin may bayad

ptcfor ng badguys libre...

:steamed::steamed:

18. z_e_n

z_e_n
    Expand Collapse

19. BrassKnuckle

BrassKnuckle
    Expand Collapse

Weather-weather lang yan... Ganyan din ang sinabi at ginawa ni Ping Lacson when he was Chief-PNP but his successors reverted to the old ways. Issuing PTC's not only makes sense, it also makes money for them.

Kabahan tayo when it's Congress and the Senate that starts talking about a ban... Other than that, it's just a matter of waiting for the present chief to retire. This one goes out in December.

20. De Angelo

De Angelo
    Expand Collapse

Siyempre alam nila...baka may parating sa kanila mga yan..