close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Herdon/Reston, VA Information

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by i8547, Feb 6, 2013.

1. i8547

i8547 Without Equal

Apr 9, 2003
    CONUS - mostly
    Just got the word on a long-term TDY to Reston, VA and will be staying in Herndon. Can anyone give me any pointers on the area in terms of where to socialize, where not to, what to check out, which banks won't bat an eyelash when asking for lots of fresh one dollar bills, etc.

2. PinkoCommie

PinkoCommie Unusual Member

Everyone in the area is CIA, so just watch out for black helicopters.

3. skew12

skew12

Sep 13, 2012
    Google "va open carry forum," I believe a few members are from Herndon.

4. i8547

i8547 Without Equal

Apr 9, 2003
    CONUS - mostly
    I'll be the one flying the helo :)

5. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    If the SUV is black, dark tinted windows, do not accept a ride...:whistling:

6. bear62

bear62

Feb 5, 2005
    Rocky Mountains
    Just might be Barry O incognito slipping out to shoot some clay pigeons....... He loves to shoot you know...:upeyes:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  7. Depends on the type of socializing you want to do.

There are a few watering holes in Reston and Herndon. For more opportunity, I recommend taking a trip to the Ballston and Clarendon sections of Arlington County.

From there, DC is just across the way. Georgetown has a local dive or two that's always a good time.

8. born and raised leesburg va, living in sterling now, just down the road from reston and herndon.....unfortunately, I don't socialize.....

9. Panzergrenadier1979

Panzergrenadier1979 Keystone Cop

Jan 16, 2009
    Central Pennsylvania
    If you dislike sitting in traffic then I would advise staying off the roads between 6am to 10am and 1pm to 8pm.

Yes, it's that bad.

10. Herndon has its own police force and has some ares that have lots of illegals but not as bad as Sterling which is now called "sterling Park". Route 7 is horrible for traffic but the area is overall pretty good. It is right at the edge of Fairfax County and borders Loudoun.Count. I consider this area to be a high rent area. :whistling:

11. Dave Richardson

Dave Richardson

Oct 12, 2010
    I've lived in Herndon since 1990, welcome to the 'Hood, PM me your questions and I'll answer as best I can.

12. Great bike trail, the W & OD.

Try to live somewhere so you can commute against the traffic. Do not underestimate America's worst traffic.

13. GlocknSpiehl

GlocknSpiehl NRA Life Member Silver Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Miami, FL