Herdon/Reston, VA Information

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by i8547, Feb 6, 2013.

1. i8547

i8547 Without Equal

Just got the word on a long-term TDY to Reston, VA and will be staying in Herndon. Can anyone give me any pointers on the area in terms of where to socialize, where not to, what to check out, which banks won't bat an eyelash when asking for lots of fresh one dollar bills, etc.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Fort Harmar information please Ohio Glockers Today at 8:35 AM
    Tablet Recommendations & Information for Beginners. The Okie Corral Aug 23, 2015
    Military.com, not best information for AK-47 knowledge. Just keep asking others. The Kalashnikov Klub Aug 11, 2015
    The Gruberized Low Information Masses Unhappy With Obamacare Political Issues Aug 4, 2015
    Hillary's emails contained classified information... The Okie Corral Jul 24, 2015

3. PinkoCommie

PinkoCommie Unusual Member

Everyone in the area is CIA, so just watch out for black helicopters.

4. Google "va open carry forum," I believe a few members are from Herndon.

5. i8547

i8547 Without Equal

I'll be the one flying the helo :)

6. RussP

If the SUV is black, dark tinted windows, do not accept a ride...:whistling:

7. Just might be Barry O incognito slipping out to shoot some clay pigeons....... He loves to shoot you know...:upeyes:

#6 bear62, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  8. Depends on the type of socializing you want to do.

There are a few watering holes in Reston and Herndon. For more opportunity, I recommend taking a trip to the Ballston and Clarendon sections of Arlington County.

From there, DC is just across the way. Georgetown has a local dive or two that's always a good time.

9. born and raised leesburg va, living in sterling now, just down the road from reston and herndon.....unfortunately, I don't socialize.....

10. Panzergrenadier1979

Panzergrenadier1979 Keystone Cop

If you dislike sitting in traffic then I would advise staying off the roads between 6am to 10am and 1pm to 8pm.

Yes, it's that bad.

11. Herndon has its own police force and has some ares that have lots of illegals but not as bad as Sterling which is now called "sterling Park". Route 7 is horrible for traffic but the area is overall pretty good. It is right at the edge of Fairfax County and borders Loudoun.Count. I consider this area to be a high rent area. :whistling:

12. I've lived in Herndon since 1990, welcome to the 'Hood, PM me your questions and I'll answer as best I can.

13. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall HildabeastHater

Great bike trail, the W & OD.

Try to live somewhere so you can commute against the traffic. Do not underestimate America's worst traffic.

14. GlocknSpiehl

GlocknSpiehl NRA Life Member
    Silver Member