close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Henry Golden Boy

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by MississipVol, Jan 16, 2013.

1. MississipVol

MississipVol

Apr 13, 2012
    Thinking of buying one but can't find one locally so will have to go online. I notice some of the models have a gold band on the fore end and some have a plain black band.

Is there any difference between these 2 rifles? Is the one with the black band just an older model?

For those that own/have owned them, do you recommend them as a good plinker rifle?

TIA

2. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    The Henry GB I bought has the brass band and the octagon barrel. I'm not a 100% sure but I think the carbon steel band is on the engraved models.

It's very accurate, soled built and beautiful woods and brass. You won't be disappointed!

[​IMG]

3. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Nov 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I have one and it is a blast to shoot. Great accuracy and the action is so smooth on it as well. I believe they used the black band on the older ones. Newer ones are shipping with the brass barrel band which is what I have on mine.

4. joerenew

joerenew

Jul 30, 2010
    Awesome guns I have a 22 and its accurate to 100 yards with irons very easy

5. L Pete

L Pete

Mar 4, 2011
    I heard that Hurricane Sandy shut down Henry production, and that it would be months before they're able to get back up and running. That is the reason that Henrys are hard to find right now. I don't know if it's true or not, but that is the rumor.

6. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    It's true, it was posted on their website. :wavey:

7. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Sorry to hear that, they build awesome rifles.