Henry 22lr Lever Action, any opinions?

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by DannyR, Oct 4, 2012.

1. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

I'll be picking up my Golden Boy in 22lr on Friday. I'll leave an opinion after I shoot it. I'm sure it's a keeper. :cool:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I have one with the octagon barrel and large lever. :cool: I love it!
    Rod :wavey:

3. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Well I put some rounds through the Golden Boy on Monday, and man is that thing sweet. The action is smooth as silk and it's just a great looking lever action rifle. I hope I'm around when my son gets a bit older so I can hand it to him as his first rifle.

#44 skeeter7, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  4. I really love my golden boy. Tons of fun to shoot and a beautiful rifle to keep for generations.

5. Bought the Henry for my son. I think he knows about it.

He has always liked my Marlin .35 lever action.

Man is the Henry fun to shoot. Action is smooth as silk.
    Pretty accurate too. Shoots anything you put in it.
    Very nice craftmanship. I think you will enjoy it.​

6. Love my h001. Bought it on a whim after reading a review in SWAT, no regrets.

7. Im proud owner of the Henry .22 WMR version, and it is more accurate than I, it's an light weight and versatil little rifle...

8. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFo08L1xRec&feature=em-uploademail"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFo08L1xRec&feature=em-uploademail[/ame]

itisbruno likes this.
  9. Laserlips

Laserlips "Laus Deo"

Well, JMOfartO:

A couple of years ago I got the Marlin 39 "fever" and wound up with 5 of the suckers. (2 1970 Century Limiteds/ a 96',75',50 39A).

I loved 'em all.

But I kept hearing good things about Henry's, so my wife and I stumbled up on a couple of NIB youth models (HT001Y) at a local gun store, we 'bought 'em.

I'm high on Marlin 39's, but I'll tell ya the truth.

The little Henry (@ $267 OTD) will do anything for me as to accuracy, at any distance I can see to shoot from, that the more expensive, an heavy 39A's will do. And the action is actually slicker, not even close.

I'll always try and keep one Marlin 39A because they are simply classics, but I've let the 2 CL's go, sold the 96 and traded the 75 for a nice S&W Model 41 (even swap).

I still have the 1950 39A, but I shoot the Henry more often.

Either gun will do ya a great job, but the Henry will always have a warranty, and a great company to back it, something I'm not sure is available with the Remington owned Marlin co. these days.

Good shootin'

Jesse

[​IMG]

10. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

Well said, Jesse. my dad always jokes that Henry lubricates their .22 lever actions with "sweet cream butter" from the factory.......:rofl:

11. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED!
    Silver Member Millennium Member
    1. Project Mayhem
    2. Show Me Glockers

itisbruno likes this.
  12. RIP Ron

itisbruno likes this.
  13. I bought a Henry HOO1 a couple months back. I have really enjoyed shooting it. It's accuracy is probably better than my ability to shoot it more accurately. The action is by far the smoothest action I've ever felt in a lever action rifle regardless of caliber. The wood on it is absolutely beautiful. The only thing I changed on the rifle was the front sight. I went to a High Viz fiber optic front sight. I have about 500 rounds through it and it has been flawless and worth every dime I paid for it. My personal opinion of the Henry HOO1 is it is a great product and is backed by a great American Company. I'm sure mine will be passed down to the grandkids one day.

14. Bob, that's what I did with mine, too. The Hi-Viz front sight almost instantly turned the Henry into my "go to" .22 rifle.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

15. The High Viz front site definitely makes a difference over the stock front sight. The rifle was already a fun little rifle for plinking or small game hunting, but that sight really brought it all together. It changed all my thinking when it came to ever wanting to put a scope on it. For $300 +/- I think it's a 22 lever action that's hard to beat.
    Plus it will not only shoot LR, but longs and shorts as well.

#56 Bob Hafler, May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  16. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member
    CLM

I miss Ron.

17. DesertEagle.45

DesertEagle.45 USMC 8531
    Lifetime Member

I have thoroughly enjoyed my Golden Boy.

18. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED!
    Silver Member Millennium Member
    1. Project Mayhem
    2. Show Me Glockers

I do as well Bruno.

19. Can't get past the spray painted pot metal receiver and all that plastic. It's just not right on a lever gun.