Henry 22lr Lever Action, any opinions?

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by DannyR, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

I have a Henry H001, and I also owned a Winchester 9422 in .22 magnum and a Marlin 30/30.

Bar None the Henry has the smoothest lever of the 3, and even though I hate the plastic front sight the Henry its still very accurate. You can't beat it for the price.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #21 Bilbo Bagins, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  2. Buy it.
    Shoot it.
    Love it.

I've had mine for about 15 years. With a cheapo Simmons 3x9 scope it is "minute of squirrel" accurate.

3. The Marlins are beautiful, that's for sure. But they also cost twice as much as the Henry, and are a lot heavier, too.

Also, there is the whole Remlin issue. If you can find one made in North Haven, they are great. The ones made in the new Remington factory have had a lot of mixed reviews.

4. I bought a HiViz fiber optic sight from MidwayUSA. That solved my front sight issue.

#24 ditto1958, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  5. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Interesting. The factory front site are ok for basic shooting, but as I get older its getting harder to focus on front sights, especially the Henry's chunky slab of plastic. That HiViz site might be the ticket.

Thanks for the heads up.

6. i really like the Henry H001, bought it used at pawn store. Also have the Marlin 60, and an old Mossy bolt action. The most fun is had with the Henry, the others are fun too, but not as much as the H001.

7. DannyR

Moderator Millennium Member

The Henry H001Y fists my short arms perfectly, and has been added to my Christmas list.:wavey:

8. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

I, also, use a Winchester 9422; and it is a 1973 first production run rifle. The wood, checkering, and bluing are absolutely gorgeous! I've got mine set up with a set of (original) Redfield, 'See-Thru' scope mounts, and a Leupold Vari-XII 4X scope.

IT IS A VERY ACCURATE LITTLE 22LR rifle; and I love shooting it all the way out to 100 yards. All this said, for what it is - a lever action rifle with a brass receiver - the Henry is a decent rifle; one that I wouldn't hesitate to own.

Early Production Run, Winchester 9422 (sans scope & mounts) Note beautiful wood checkering!
    [​IMG]

9. I got a H001 and its a blastmto shoot. You cant go wrong with a henry lever action.

10. DannyR

Moderator Millennium Member

I have 3 options:

1. Henry Youth Model, $300.00 prox

2. Browning BL-22 Micro, $500.00 prox

3. Cut down the stock on anything else.

I shall opt for the Henry.:wavey:

11. You will not be disappointed.

12. JMag

Henry is fine...prefer my Browning BL-22. The Browning is unique with its trigger. Take a look.

13. My youngest son has a Henry H001. I had a Crosman air rifle scope laying around that fit perfectly. Very accurate and smooth lever action. My son likes to target shoot with .22 shorts. I think the tube magazine hold 21 of them.

There's some interesting threads at rimfirecentral about the company and the owner and how great the customer service is.

14. Henry customer service has no equal. I dropped my Henry and marred up the receiver cover. This was my fault, not a warranty issue. I called Henry and a man answered on the second ring. I told him what happened and that i wanted to order a new part. He took my name and address and mailed me a new cover at no charge.

15. F_G

F_G

I have a Winchester 9422 and a Browning BL22, love them both, but they are a little pricey. A couple of buddies have Henry's and while the fit and finish isn't quite what the other 2 have, for the money they are pretty awesome little shooters.

16. henry is the best company you will ever deal with, they will treat you like family, I bought a standard 22 that had a bad barrel crown, contacted them about it, and the president of the company(yea the head cheese) phoned me back within about 30min, told me he would have ups at my door to pick it up the next day, and they did and he sent me out a new rifle the day I called, I got it via ups in 3 days, but what he sent me back was not the standard rifle I had bought but there top of the line, brass reciever octogon barreled presentation model complete with gold enlayed lettering and every part that wasnt wood was brass ecp the octogon barrel, and it was a tack driver, the only bad part about the deal is the rifle is so beutiful I dont want to shoot it, I just want to hang it over the fireplace, its a pc of art work, so if you go with the henry you will be dealing with one of the best if not the best gun maker in the USA

17. Here's mine I just picked up. After reading this thread I believe I got a good deal (I just started another thread on this rifle) Sounds like Henry is a well liked company, this is my first Henry and I am looking forward to shooting it soon!

[​IMG]

18. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

H001 owner here. Love it. The action is good but the trigger is great.
    The front ramp sight leaves a little to be desired but inside 25 yards you're good to go. Really like mine. Much shorter and trimmer than the 39A and less spendy.

19. Frontier owner here. The octagon barrel. Dang fine little rifle. I find lately I shoot it just about more than any other gun I own. Racking that silky lever is FUN. Accurate too. And cheap to shoot.

20. crazycooter91

crazycooter91 Roll Tide

My uncle has one and I love it...put 100rds through it yesterday