close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

help...

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by AMGlock23, Feb 3, 2007.

1. AMGlock23

AMGlock23

Dec 14, 2006
    Florida
    I live in the dade and broward area and was wondering if anyone knew a good and CHEAP place were I can get a hitch installed on my truck??? I tried the local uhauls but they seem expensive for me.... any help would be great... thanx

2. do it yourself. Seriously if you have a few hand tools ( 1/2 dr ratcher and sockets and maybe a few wrenches ) you can do it yourself and save alot.

Also some of the U-haul will install their hitch for free ifyou buy it new. Try the U-hual center on Broward Blvd about 1.5mile west of I95 on the south side of the street.

3. Usingmyrights

Usingmyrights Jr Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    I got mine from 4wheelparts (they have a website if they don't have a store locally) pretty cheap and did it myself. Class V and it was about $120 IIRC. When I bought it, they told me it would be a few days before it got to their store, unless I wanted to go by the warehouse to pick it up. 15 minutes later I pull into the warehouse parking lot, and my hitch is sitting on the dock waiting for me. Sign a paper stating that I had picked it up and was on my way. (this was the end of the day too, and they were closing up shop) Good company to work with.

4. AMGlock23

AMGlock23

Dec 14, 2006
    Florida

I would... I'm away at school all my tools are back in Central Florida, plus im not sure I could do the electrical work....

5. Then call around looking for an independent trailer hitch/welding shop. Some one of them should fix you right up for not a lot of money. The hitch itself will set you back no matter who puts it on.

I did my own, but I've got time and tools. Good luck.

6. Usingmyrights

Usingmyrights Jr Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Most trucks should already have something there for the electric. An adparter should be all you need, if anything.