close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Help.....

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by new2town, Feb 18, 2011.

1. new2town

new2town

Sep 29, 2001
    South Carolina
    I installed a set fo Meprolite night sights for a friend today & things went down hill after that.
    First I noticed that they were Adjustable. Well I placed them in the sight jig & Slide them on only to discover that they were too high to be removed from the jig. I had no choice but to remove them.... Well then, I very carefully drifted the sight back into place on my work bench.
    You guessed it. NOW it is loose. Do I just say I'm sorry & give him $125.00 for a new set. or is there anything else I can do?? Locktite?? Or bite the bullet.
    Thanks,

2. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Forgive me, but based on what you've written, I have only a vague idea of the problem and what caused it. :headscratch:

Could you edit and revise your post, with a little more explanation as to how you got to this place? :dunno:

Look, you're a good guy to do this for your friend, but did you damage your friend's sight? If so, yes, you should replace it for him. :eyebrow:

Sometimes, people misunderstand another person's hesitation to offer help with a given thing. Often it's because the person being asked has lived long and seen much... :fred:

--Ray