Help with tac light holster other than safariland 6285

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by BIGGUNS911, Jan 25, 2013.

1. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Ridiculous. You come up with three incidents of this type nationwide involving the most commonly used holster on the market, the manufacturer explains, correctly, that their product is not the issue, the light is, and they still call this "solvable" and pull the holsters. How about they come up with the number of incidents where a tactical light was beneficial? Better yet, the number of incidents where the ALS holster's retention system prevented a gun grab and there was no unintentional discharge. GOOD LUCK.

And who proof-read that thing?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Just for the record that is exactly how it was written when I got the memo. This time it was not me screwing up the grammar or spelling. :wavey:

3. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

I figured as much. I had considered editing the first "you" in my post to "they" to make sure you didn't think I was talking about you.

4. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

I am sure the guys who wrote the memo are swell fellas but because some cop let a child stick their finger in his holster I am not going to get my panties in a bunch. The gap, or whatever is not news to me anyway. I have seen it, thought about it, messed with it and decided it was not an issue for me.

Furthermore, if they didn't carry a woman's gun and carried a real gun with a hammer and a safety that could not happen in that holster.:whistling:

MF

5. indigent

indigent Bamboozled

I know some wimmins who carry themselves a 1911.....

6. Yeah...common sense. I don't think they will find what they are looking for if they stick with weapon mounted lights.

7. jokon

jokon Cold Infidel

are single cell WML's any skinnier than the double cell lights?
    Would that even help?

8. Is there even such a thing that fits on handgun rails?

9. The guy that this happened to is in my department, though i am just a lowly corrections officer. He's pretty squared-away, and I havent seen him since this happened so I havent had a chance to ask him about it. I will say this- that area is pretty "happenin," and chaotic and dangerous calls are the everyday norm, I would venture to say it wouldve been a serious case where he would be so distracted for a small girl to come up on his gun like that.

Also, the memo issued from our agency originally was much longer than that, so i dunno who did the chopping for those short bullet points.

10. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Nothing new. A small finger, (or your finger, if you're not afraid to lose some skin) can actuate the trigger.

11. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

The Blackhawk light is single cell, and we issue it, but I find the same deficiency, plus it doesn't have momentary operation, has a parasitic drain on batteries, leaves you stuck with their holster, and otherwise generally blows. I am on my third or fourth battery and I have turned the light on at exactly one training day.

Glock's dual battery, single stack light might have helped, but I don't think they're that popular and obviously you're refitting holsters.

The best way to prevent such an incident is to protect your gun.