Help with PSA order gone awry. AR noob question.

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by reset, Sep 4, 2013.

1. reset

reset
    Expand Collapse

Greetings from north Texas.

I ordered a 14.5 pinned PSA complete upper with BCG and charging handle (CH). Unfortunately, the BCG and CH did not make the trip from South Carolina. It will go on my first lower build.

My question is about the BCG. Will it just drop in and function properly in the upper PSA just sent me, or does the BCG need to be adjusted to the upper for proper head space? Will I need a gunsmith? Anyway, if not, I'll just wait for the parts and not make a big deal out of it with PSA customer service. Or, if there's a good chance I'll need to adjust the BCG, might I press PSA customer service to upgrade me to a full auto BCG and maybe a gunfighter CH for my trouble?

Any insight and/or friendly advice would be appreciated.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. TedG

TedG
    Expand Collapse
    Infidel USA

Your PSA (or any other mil-spec) BCG should just "drop-in" and not require any adjustments or fitting.

The choice of a FA BCG over a SA BCG has been a subjective discussion for a long time. I have both types and they both work perfectly.

........and, don't count on anything for your "trouble". Contact PSA and inform them about the missing BCG. They'll send one ASAP. Researching PSA would have informed you of their shipping problems. They will rectify the mistake, but you won't get anything you don't pay for.

You should ask questions before placing the order. It is your responsibility to research your build, its parts, and the required assembly.

#2 TedG, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  3. reset

reset
    Expand Collapse

Thanks much. I wont sweat it.

4. dkf

dkf
    Expand Collapse

Did you order a BCG and CH with the upper? They usually don't come with a BCG or CH.

5. reset

reset
    Expand Collapse

I did. The complete package was the main reason I pulled the trigger. The parts are supposed to ship tomorrow.

6. og23

og23
    Expand Collapse

Black rife needs a PSA hate subforum.

To the op: your upper should have an FN barrel which is worth the wait.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. glock031

glock031
    Expand Collapse

If the upper you ordered includes a BCG, then it should be a full auto M16 BCG. I've never seen PSA offer SA BCG's. So why would you press to upgrade a FA BCG?

PSA hasn't offered a pinned 14.7 in a while. Better check cause all thier 14.7 offerings been unpinned and without BCG and CH for some time now. They are clearly listed as such. Unless they deleted that ad none are listed as Pinned or W BCG & CH.

#7 glock031, Sep 4, 2013
  8. 03scgt

03scgt
    Expand Collapse

They do actually offer one upper with a rail and a pinned flash hider.its listed as no bcg or charging handle but knowing psa they probably threw a sale together and included it

I really don't see the problem with your order though as you have the complete upper and the bcg and charging handle is coming.With AR15's as long as the bcg and barrel come from a reputable manufacturer you don't need to check headspacing.The manufacturer of the barrel does that when they put the barrel extension on(its not really something you can adjust)

Seeing as you got the FN barrel there's no need to worry

#8 03scgt, Sep 4, 2013
  9. reset

reset
    Expand Collapse

Its clearly pinned--I have possesion of the upper sans BCG and CH. The ad and the invoice clearly included the BCG and CH and I experienced no resistance about their oversight when I initially communicated with customer service.

It was a decent deal and now that I'm somewhat confident the missing parts will work when delivered, I'm not going to goad PSA for any extras.

10. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr
    Expand Collapse
    DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Yet more of PSA's incompetence! How the heJJ is this company even still around?

11. CarryTexas

CarryTexas
    Expand Collapse

Because for a little wait and possibly some hassle you can save a ton of money and yet still get a good quality AR.

Recently, I have placed somewhere around 10 orders with them. I only had an issue with one upper being past the 15 days. I called them and it shipped within 48 hours.

All parts arrived in good shape. It wasn't super fast, but I got them in a reasonable time.

You're not paying for customer service or same day shipping, but I am fine with that as long as I get what I order at a good price.

12. awpk03s

awpk03s
    Expand Collapse

It is still recommended however. In today's world of AR parts, I would "trust but verify" everything. The FN barrel is likely GTG, but I'd verify with that BCG.

13. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker
    Expand Collapse
    Urban Redneck

They've never screwed up any of my orders, and this case doesn't sound bad. In a high volume operation, not every order will be perfect. Waiting an extra week for a part or a gun isn't usually the end of the world for most of us. Not only have they never screwed up any of my orders, but the parts/guns have performed flawlessly.

A lot of haters out there, but if they want to pay more elsewhere that is ok with me. More product left for those of us who aren't in a rush. Thumbs up PSA.

14. DaleGribble

DaleGribble
    Expand Collapse
    Sandwich!

Dude, are you affiliated with some of the other manufacturers or retailers? Seriously, I'm beginning to wonder.

On election day, once it was obvious Barack was getting reelected I placed a large order with PSA, and by large I'm talking LARGE, all of it was stuff that I knew would come under fire from the administration, mostly mags. They were at my door in less than a week. I didn't come on here and tell the world about it because I'm not that kind of guy.

The OP was missing parts, he called them and they're sending him the parts. It was a mistake, it's being corrected.

No one is saying they're perfect, we all know they aren't but I swear to god, it seems like you and a few others are chomping at the bit to point out every flaw as if the PSA label is associated with Satan himself.

They have issues, we all know that. I've been burned by them myself. I've personally gotten two bad uppers from them, one machined improperly and one that was bare aluminum on the inside of the upper. Guess what, I'll still buy from them while their prices are as low as they are. I can fix their mistakes and still spend less than I would have by ordering through BCM and getting the exact same product, and yes, a BCM upper comes from the exact same place using the exact same materials as a PSA upper!

15. PaLEOjd

PaLEOjd
    Expand Collapse

I order from PSA all the time, never had an issue. They are a great company and stand behind their products. They had a few supplier issues during the panic but took care of them.
    PSA is g2g.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire mobile app

16. glock031

glock031
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Their logoed BCG's are from the same source. But-BCM's HF barrels aren't nearly twice chromed lined and made from m249 machine gun steel are they?

Oh and BTW. I never had any mistakes from PSA and top quality too!

When a company like PSA puts out more in one month than BCM does in a year, yea you'll hear a mistake here and there. The gotcha im justified in my hate attitude is visable to all. Hate clouds the persons thinking.

#16 glock031, Sep 4, 2013
  17. 03scgt

03scgt
    Expand Collapse

pretty sure bcm uses the same FN hammer forged barrels as well

psa's shipping sucks on uppers for sure no doubt,the rest of their orders I usually get in 7-8 days.BCM does for sure have faster shipping as my upper came in on wednesday after ordering thursday morning

18. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr
    Expand Collapse
    DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Wonder away,.........I could care less. I have no connections with any manufacturer, retailer or any dealer. Simply don't like PSA, many like to sip from their gravy boat. None for me, my money demands quality parts, assembly and customer service!

19. IGotIt

IGotIt
    Expand Collapse
    No Demlibtards

For each person who thinks as you do, allows the rest of to have more items available at very good prices. Because of their sales, their shipping sometimes is a bit slow and maybe they miss a part or two, but they have become a frequent (maybe to frequent) go to place for me.

20. reset

reset
    Expand Collapse

The parts shipped today and are scheduled to arrive on Sept 9. So, I guess everything will work out. I'm happy with the deal and PSAs quick response to solve the prob.

Thanks for everyone's contribution.