close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Help with pop ups

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by crater, Mar 18, 2013.

1. crater

crater NRA Member

May 1, 2002
    brookville, ind
    Just thought I would post this. For some reason I happened to remember that our local phone company, which provides our wireless service, has a premium service for computer problems.

I called the 800 number and the service is only 14.99 a month with a 12 month contract. They are available 24/7 and will cover up to 3 computers....I agreeded, and with in a few minutes they were remotely operating my computer. I got off the phone and in about 10 minutes I heard a ding from the 'puter and read the message that I was all taken care of.

Sweet. It would have cost me 49.00 for the local guy just to look at it, and would take him at least 2 days to get around to looking at it....
    I'm not exactly sure what the main problem was and what they did, but I am going to call them tmrw.

Just thought I would post this and once again thank everyone for thier help and suggestions.

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Well, hopefully it's all resolved.

Best of luck.

IGF

3. RDW

RDW BTDT

Mar 12, 2003
    PRK
    Been using "Ad Mucher" for several years - GREAT Product!

4. AdMuncher is for filtering legitimate ads from webpages. The OP most likely has malware on his local computer. The malware must be found and removed first.

5. Glad it was taken care of. Did you do your scans in safe mode?