close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help with my 39 magazine

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by Glock39Pirate, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Glock39Pirate

Glock39Pirate
    Expand Collapse

When I first bought the 39 I shot it stock without problems. After I put the pierce +1 on both mags I have a problem with one of them. First off, they both shoot and feed perfectly when I'm putting HST's thru them. But the problem starts when I shoot federal american eagle target rounds, 185 and 230 grain. The one mag has a problem feeding the last round in and its always the last round, the other mag hasn't had a problem, and remember both have the pierce +1 on. Wierd also is sometimes that last round will spit out completely and when I pull the trigger it goes click with the slide forward, the first time that happened I thought it was a failure to fire but when I looked in the round wasn't even in the chamber, and I look on the ground and there it was. I'll be returning that mag to stock, but wasn't sure if you guys have heard of this.

2. Thx-1138

Thx-1138
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

Could be that the mag spring wasn't seated properly or something like that.

3. JCROWNII

JCROWNII
    Expand Collapse

I have had a similar problem with the same exact ammo. I also have a Pearce extension but it is the PG 2733 which does not add any capacity to the 39. I still only fit 6rnds in the mag so I don't think I'm passing the elastic limit on the spring. If anything I might have a little more room in the mag and still I only put 6rnds in because that is all that fits but I am gonna shoot it again and if it happens again I'm taking that crap off. I had two FTF's last time and it was with AE TMJ's 185gr. It could also be the flat front of those rnds, I never liked those. I heard you could get stronger springs for the mags that have extensions from lone wolf but I'm not sure how those work.

#3 JCROWNII, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  4. Glock39Pirate

Glock39Pirate
    Expand Collapse

thats what I'm thinking