help with finding $350 or less gun

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by GuinnessSynd, Feb 17, 2012.

1. looking to get a gun soon, all i have right now is .22 rifle. money is tight with planning a wedding and bills so all i have for now is $350 MAX. i would even like to keep it under that. as i live in Virginia i plan to open carry. i would prefer a semi-auto. i like the extra carry capacity and have more experience with them. thanks for all the help

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I would go to a police trade in.

3. Check out VA gun trader some good deals to be had from time to time.

4. Definitely something used at that price

5. I see a few good deals online occasionally.

Check out Summit.com for deals, especially on Ruger pistols.

At local pawn shops Rugers can be had for $300 or less.

6. +1, Look around and you'll find someone that needs some money alittle more than you do. You said, semi-auto, get ya a good used Glock.:wavey:

7. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

You could prolly find a used makarov well under that...

8. don't be afraid to hit the gunshows gotta look around a bit. found a good 3rd gen smith 40 cal for less than 300 out the door with 4 mags. looks a little rough but turned out to be a great pistol.

9. Used Glock or XD, or even 3rd gen S&W. If you want new, Ruger P-series.

#9 FLglockdude, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  10. Shouldn't be hard to find a good gun under 350, you just can't be as picky about features. I keep hearing nothing but good things about the ruger lc9, I just don't like the safety features or I would be picking one up. I see them for 350 everywhere.

11. I like the P Series. They're ugly, but shoot well.

12. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

Ruger P95.

13. Lotiki

Lotiki All that is man

Sigma.

it gets a lot of flak on the forums from people who have never even seen one in person but those who have them swear by them. I myself have had exactly one malfunction in over 2000 rounds in mine.

14. The cheapest Glock you can find.

I think I've recently seen used ones for $400 in NYS, so there's got to be cheaper ones in the land of the free.

15. Sigmas are solid guns. The trigger sucks, however.

16. You should be able to pick up a police trade in Glock for around that price

Keep an eye on Summit, they get them in pretty regularly

http://www.summitgunbroker.com/index.html

Maybe give them a call about when they're expecting more in

17. Ruger P95. As previously stated, ugly but functional.

18. G30Mike

G30Mike Say When!

My first pistol was a police trade in G22, paid right around $325 out the door. Of course this was several years ago, but I see them all the time still under $400.

19. Ruger P95...best gun for $300. Seriously ugly but very functional. Not good for concealed carry but open carry would be great with it.