Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

  • Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Help! What is this o-ring gasket?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by txpitdog, Jan 22, 2010.

  1. txpitdog


    Aug 18, 2006
    Received my lower from BCM today, and when I went to insstall the BCG, I noticed the package has a very small black rubber o-ring gasket. Is this critical, or is it a spare? ...and where does it go?

    I really need your help, because until I get it figured out I can't send y'all any its in your best interest to help!

  2. txpitdog


    Aug 18, 2006
    Oksy it appears to have something to do with the extractor. Does it go under the spring inside the extractor or over the spring and pin between the extractor and the bolt?

  3. mvician

    mvician Lifetime Member

    Jun 8, 2007
    NW Indiana
    over/around the spring


    Rubber O Ring Extractor Enhancer as used in the M4, SPR and CQBR Rifles. Enhances extractor tension x4 for reliable operation in short barreled and full auto weapons. Installs around existing extractor spring under extractor.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  4. Kentak


    Jan 8, 2006
    Central Ohio
    You can buy a package of o-rings at a hardware store. The right size is the one that goes easily, but snugly, over the extractor spring.

    They seem to be very durable. Obviously, if you do lots of shooting, the heat is going to break down the rubber sooner than later. Simply replace the rings on a regular schedule, like whenever you give the bolt a good cleaning. Only takes a minute and the rings are not expensive.