Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Help picking a .357

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by nathanours, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    Looking good!! :thumbsup:

What sort of holster are you looking for?
  2. nathanours

nathanours Texan

I've got many concealed carry guns, so I'm looking for something that will work well owb strong side for hiking. I'm not interested in something that has a flap to cover the gun; I'd rather just have a snap or traditional hammer loop. I'd like something made of good quality leather, but don't need a lot of embellishments. Basically just a good holster to hold the gun snug while hiking in the woods. I'd rather have one with two belt attachment points on either side of the gun to prevent wobble too, similar to some of the high rise owb concealed carry gun holsters.

3. oscarthegrouch

Jan 7, 2004
    I have a Galco Fletch for mine. I really like it.

4. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    Defintely a sweet revolver, congrats.
  5. gunsmoke92

Jul 22, 2005
    Rigby, Idaho
    If you're looking for a holster for the field, there's only one that comes to mind with regard to protecting the gun and keeping it secure. Simply Rugged.

Take a look at their "Texas Pancake", as it fits your described requirements for attaching to the belt, as well as providing for a few extra rounds to tag along.
    The Loaded Pancake may interest you as well.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  6. ratf51

Aug 6, 2010
    NW GA
    I just recently got a Bianchi #111 Cyclone for my 4" 686 and I like it. It can be worn strong side or cross-draw. It does have a thumb-break strap, though, and it does not meet the attachment point criteria, but still it's a good holster.
  7. nathanours

nathanours Texan

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  8. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    Very beautiful indeed :thumbsup:
  9. Nanuk

Sep 13, 2009
    At home
    Great gun! I have a 686 no dash mfg in 1981. Smoothest double action I have ever fired.
  10. nathanours

nathanours Texan

Thought I'd give you guys an update. A couple of days ago I went to the local smith who is very good and used to compete heavily in PPC and NRA Action Pistol. He's got targets hanging all over his work shop that I only dream of being able to shoot one day. He had just finished putting an over-travel stop in my Ruger MKIII, and I thought I'd show him my 686 to look over.

He checked everything over for me, and then removed the side plate. He told me that whoever had owned it at one time before had had a very nice professional trigger job done. None of the springs were swapped, but he said that everything had been very well deburred, and that nothing was creating friction where it shouldn't. He was really impressed with it and said it felt similar to his 586 with a trigger job that was one of the guns he used for competition.

I guess it seems like I got a good one!
  11. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    Very cool, Nathan :cool: