close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Help, my mouse cursor is getting highjacked!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by BSA70, Feb 8, 2013.

1. BSA70

BSA70

Aug 14, 2007
    NC
    I have an older dell lap top with a amd processor. It has been a very good computer and has given me very good service. The battery is totally dead but still has service for me on the internet surfing.

The problem is my mouse. It's been replaced so I know it is not the actual mouse. Sometimes when I am navigating with the arrow across the screen, it's like someone takes control of the mouse, the cursor may move all over the screen and accesses things. Sometimes signs me off the net. Sometimes it appears to be working normal and I cannot click on certain things.

I'm running a fresh install of xp. I totally formatted the drive and did a fresh install and it still does it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Never Nervous

Never Nervous

Aug 18, 2009
    Metro ATL
    I had a problem with my Skycaddie in the past and contacted the tech support guy. He asked for permission to take control of my computer. I let him take control and I watched as the mouse moved over the screen closing some things and opening up others. He had total control of my computer. All I did was say it was OK.

Sounds like your computer may be hijacked.:dunno:

NN

3. BSA70

BSA70

Aug 14, 2007
    NC
    I know exactly what you are talking about. It is definitly a problem in the computer...

4. GWG19

GWG19

Jan 28, 2012
    Huntsville Al
    There is nothing wrong with computer. We have assumed control.

5. bill4282

bill4282

Jul 9, 2009
    Go into your control panel and turn off remote assistance. If your computer has a touch pad and mouse, turn off the touch pad.