Help me with stippling

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Landsharkleather, Jul 8, 2013.

1. I am planning on stippling my 19. I have noticed several different textures which I believe is based on the tool used. Can anyone teach me which tool to use to get which particular texture and how to get the desired results.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Stippling job help? General Glocking Jul 4, 2013
    Hillary aide that helped setup her email server to take the 5th in front of House committee The Okie Corral Today at 9:05 AM
    Help determining value of a WW II autographed item The Okie Corral Yesterday at 11:13 AM
    .45 Caliber Muzzle Loader Experienced Help Please The Okie Corral Tuesday at 7:38 PM
    help with stock glock 35 Gun-Parts & Access. Tuesday at 11:33 AM

3. johnson8861

johnson8861 Daddo Chomper

I use larger round tips for very course texture and almost a needle like tip for finer texturing. I have never used anything other than cone shaped tips, but I usually stipple at a ten to fifteen degree angle to the surface.

4. Cold Bore Custom it's worth the wait,perfection each and every time. SJ 40

5. What Johnson8861 said. Cold bore is a safe quality option as well.

#4 Special_KG, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  6. this is what I plan to do........

7. Henry's Dad

Henry's Dad woof, woof

I did my 23 with a regular/medium? tip, whatever came with the iron I bought.

One word of advice: if you plan to refinish (I used DuraCoat), you may want to lightly sand the surface. Stippling can leave a very aggressive grip with some sharp little lips.

If you leave it black, you can always sand it down later, but if you plan to refinish, decide on what feels comfortable first.

Still my favorite gun. Been my edc for 3 years (the wear shows):

View attachment 234441

8. Here is my advice: DON'T DO IT.

This should help you out a lot...

9. johnson8861

johnson8861 Daddo Chomper

Very true, I have now stippled just about everything that can be stippled now, at least I do a good job.

10. No, I meant don't do it to your gun, at all. :faint:

11. What do you all use a soldering gun or something else?

12. i use a pro woodburner, since i do pyrography as a hobby, so i have detachable burning pens. i have 3 that i use. one is for 'golf ball' type, 1 for very fine work, 1 for tree bark style if anyone in my AO wants that done. i do it for buddy's after they hold mine they want it done. problem is that it is 114 degrees in the shop/garage so i gotta bring my burner inside and do at dining room table. no biggie, just a plastic smell in the air.

also take off the finger grooves on Gen 3's since they don't fit my fingers and then fine stipple that area after an undercut trigger guard job. all in all i like them and all fit like a glove.

13. I used a wood burning tool kit that I picked up for cheap at a hardware store. I use a flat tip to smooth out the high spots and to melt down the finger grooves followed by a very fine pointed tip for the actual texture. The texture part takes a while to complete but it comes out nicely. I also use the same tip to create an outline around the texture itself.

My G17 I did.

[​IMG]

#12 Snak3, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  14. I wouldn't do it, but that's just me...

15. This man is wise, listen to him.