Glock Talk banner

help me with shotguns

9K views 114 replies 24 participants last post by  kamelot 
#1 ·
sir

I'm planning to buy shotgun, what do you recommend? my budget will be 30k

Twin pines is selling thier mossberg 88 for 28,000 but because they have no 88 model pistolize, so they sell mossberg 500 for the price of the 88. is it a good offer?

whats the deffirence between 88 and the 500?

thanks

#102 ·
Don't know the exact parts and mechanics, some explosive inside a hollowed-out coconut and some mechanism for having the thing detonated when a pig munched on it - some spring thing I suppose. They used to set out the coconut-pig bombs at night, since the baboy damo forage at night. The word for pig in that part of Palawan (near
Del Pilar, where San Miguel gets some of its sand for bottles) is "babi" , like the Indonesian word for pig (as in sate babi).

Ah, toxic, you saw that darwin will not be getting my Maverick 88 after all. You indicated interest after darwin. You still interested or got something at the GunShow?

Here's another shotgun link -

http://science.howstuffworks.com/shotgun.htm

#103 ·
Ah, toxic, you saw that darwin will not be getting my Maverick 88 after all. You indicated interest after darwin. You still interested or got something at the GunShow?

[/B]
Pass muna ko Sir Ante,My co-workers Dad has offered me his CZ85 combat, di pa lang kame nagkakasundo sa price and my new house needs a fence yun muna pagiipunan ko.

PMMA is interested.

Thanks

#106 ·
Wild duck shot in Scotland had bird flu
LOUISE GRAY
A DUCK shot in Scotland was suffering from a strain of bird flu, it emerged yesterday, amid growing fears of human cases of the virus in Turkey.

The mallard, shot in West Lothian in October, was tested in a UK-wide survey of hundreds of birds to check for the virus.

Out of 280 birds shot and tested, it was one of two to be infected with a strain of avian flu. However, the low-risk strain, known as H6N2, cannot spread to humans. A sheldrake was also found to be infected with a low-pathogen strain in England last year.

Scientists are on the alert for the virulent H5N1 strain spreading from Asia, where it has killed more than 70 people.

That strain has already come as far as Turkey, where it has infected 19 people and killed three children in confirmed cases.

Yesterday, there were fears a young girl had become Turkey's fourth victim, although initial tests had proved negative. In Germany, a man who had visited Turkey was admitted to a hospital in Cologne with symptoms similar to those associated with bird flu. However, he was later reported to be clear of the virus.

The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) stated it was highly unlikely the duck found in Scotland would have come from areas where H5N1 has been found.

A spokeswoman said: "It is extremely unlikely this duck would have come from anywhere other than Europe. This finding is not of particular concern." It is thought the bird would have come to Scotland via western or eastern Europe.

But the discovery underlines the difficulty of ensuring that the UK remains free of bird flu, despite the extensive movement and mixture of birds.

Governments across Europe are keeping an eye on the wild bird population in order to ensure bird flu does not spread to domestic fowl. Once in poultry farms, the virus tends to become more dangerous.

DEFRA's first study of wild British birds last year tested almost 1,500 carcases caught live and shot.

Ornithologists have warned that wild birds could bring the virulent H5N1 virus to Britain by migratory routes. But even if this is to happen, it is not likely to be until autumn this year, when birds begin returning from migratory grounds in the east. The coming spring migration from Africa is considered low-risk.

However, the Conservatives criticised the government yesterday for being "complacent" in not reviewing contingency plans for bird flu until after the spring migration had taken place.

James Paice, the shadow environment minister, said the review should be carried out immediately, considering the seriousness of the threat.

He said: "Any simulation exercise to test the UK's preparedness for an outbreak of bird flu must take place immediately - not after the spring migration when many experts believe we are most likely to be exposed to the disease. Given the implications of a national outbreak, it is imperative that the government's contingency plans are reviewed now, so that the current state of readiness can be assessed and improved before the threat increases.

"It seems complacent in the extreme to delay this exercise until April, by which time it might be too late."

In Turkey, the bird flu virus has severely damaged the country's £2.5 billion poultry industry, which employs 100,000 people.

At least 455,000 domestic birds have been culled, and flu in birds is confirmed or suspected in 26 of Turkey's 81 provinces. The human cost of the disease has also been extensive.

Dozens of people have been admitted to hospital with flu-like symptoms right across Turkey, including at least three children in Istanbul, on the doorstep of Europe.

#110 ·
"though the asian waterbirds census we did last weekend in candaba "

- Good God, kristiansen, does that mean that if the migrating birds eventually do get here carrying bird flu, you and your fellow bird watchers will be among the first to get infected? I suppose you just watch them from a distance?

They have to fly across the South China Sea etc. to get here? They must be pretty damn tired.

Haven't shot a bird in a long time. Maybe never will again, now that I feel guilty. Last one I shot was a white, fat dove. Looked like I had shot the Holy Ghost.

#111 ·
Originally posted by antediluvianist

- Good God, kristiansen, does that mean that if the migrating birds eventually do get here carrying bird flu, you and your fellow bird watchers will be among the first to get infected? I suppose you just watch them from a distance?

They have to fly across the South China Sea etc. to get here? They must be pretty damn tired.

Haven't shot a bird in a long time. Maybe never will again, now that I feel guilty. Last one I shot was a white, fat dove. Looked like I had shot the Holy Ghost. [/B]
ante: I will not tell you if I catch the flu,will just whisper it to you at the range hehehe.seriously,yes,we just watched them from a distance thru binoculars and spotting scope.guys,please do not touch any wild bird,healthy or sickly,specially dead birds you see.lately,due to the birdflu scare,we have noticed a high incidence of wild bird escapees,wild birds kept on captive but released due to the scare.
yes,I suppose they are also very healthy coz some of them fly all the way from siberia.

#112 ·
It's not the hunting or shooting of the birds that razes its population. It's the destruction of their habitat. And the usual culprit here are the illegal loggers not the hunters. Its the reason why even if hunting is far from prevalent here, the birds and all other wild games are almost gone.

#113 ·
Originally posted by Putok-Glock
It's not the hunting or shooting of the birds that razes its population. It's the destruction of their habitat. And the usual culprit here are the illegal loggers not the hunters. Its the reason why even if hunting is far from prevalent here, the birds and all other wild games are almost gone.
+1

so ano? open season na for the illegal loggers? ;f

#115 ·
Thanks for the video allegra.
the guy is classified into Open category -- that's why he can load more than 9 rds. Although the video is not very clear, he seems to be a very, very good shooter.

In the usual levels 1 and 2 shotgun events we have in Metro manila, number of rounds is limited to a maximum of 9. Bihira kasi ang level 3 shotgun event in Metro manila. I remember one time I used a Tecloader in a clubshoot that had no rule against it. The other shooters were up in arms against it. So I had to reshoot sans the speedloader and go "tactical". Usually the COF is limited to about 7 max so even if you have an "open gun", you are limited to somebody who uses a standard shotgun. Also, a lot of times you start on Condition 2.
I've seen our Filipino SEAGAMES shooters/candidates/scattergunners shoot faster than this guy. :) i'll still root for the flat-nosed Pinoy over him anytime.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.