close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Help me with my AR Indecisiveness!!

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by The Lance, Oct 30, 2012.

1. The Lance

The Lance iGlock

Mar 30, 2012
    I am a proud owner of an AR15 I originally bought it because I could not pass up the amazing deal I got for my first rifle. I purchased it from my local gun club/forum for an awesome deal of 580buck it came with a 20 inch stainless super bull Rguns Upper with free float rifle length handguard and a Surplus Ammo and arms complete lower Originally with an A2 Stock which I recently swapped out to a 6 position Collapsible carbine stock.[​IMG]

However the problem lies with me going hunting soon and purchasing this rifle for the purpose of hunting and well having a great range toy.

I have been a huge pistol guy for a few years and shoot IDPA.

So I want to turn this rifle into an all arounder of which I can take to 3gun competitions and mount my scope back on and hunt with it when I need to.

So here are my options

Buy a Completely different Upper that is of better quality and ditch this one.
    Or Buy a Quality chrome lined barrel and mount it to the upper

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  2. bmoore

bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.
    DSA has horrible shipping times/customer support. I am still not totally understanding your question but..........Sell your DPMS upper for whatever you can get for it. Shell out whatever it takes to buy this one. Take it from a guy who has done the AR dance, just buy a nice quality one in the first place and you will be happy.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-M4-16-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-m4-16.htm

Whatever upper you decide on, put this BCG group in it.
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...Auto-M16-p/bcm bolt carrier group auto mp.htm

Have you tried shooting sticks for the "hunting upper"? I use them for coyote calling and they are nice and mobile but you can really dig the rifle in and squeeze off an accurate shot when needed.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012

3. seattlesetters

seattlesetters

May 12, 2012
    PNW
    bmoore is the man. He gives good advice.

Bravo for Bravo Company.

4. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Oct 8, 2001
    Middle of SC
    Just sell me that old A2 upper for what you've got in it and start from scratch with something you want.

You'll be happier that way.

I need a beater. PM sent. :)

5. The Lance

The Lance iGlock

Mar 30, 2012

thanks man I think I'm gonna sell both uppers and get the BCM stuff then. Thanks for the help

6. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
  7. surf

surf

Jul 7, 2010
    *Edit - Interesting as I started typing this earlier before the original post was edited. Below was the response.

The bull SS barrel is a pig. The forend may not help but that barrel is very heavy and more of a bench barrel and definitely not a hunting or 3 gun barrel. The DPMS upper, while not a horrible deal is not something that I would consider a steal at $200 and I personally would not touch it for half the price you paid. I am also not a fan of the optic choice on a hunting or 3 gun rifle. It will not take the abuse. You might get away with that on a dedicated open pistol, but not a rifle.

Selling them is a good choice. They are not quite the deal that you might think they are.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012