close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help me visualize my first build

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by ctaggart, Dec 29, 2010.

1. ctaggart

ctaggart
    Expand Collapse

So, I've decided to build an Ar. The eventual goal would be to build a reliable duty rifle and I really would like it to be a SBR. As far as the upper and lower go, I'm looking at a Mega Arms monolithic railed carbine upper and a matching billet lower.

As far as the barrel length goes this is pretty much the style/design I'm looking for, with the Noveske KX3, to help keep some of the muzzle blast directed forward.
    [​IMG]

Here's a picture of the Mega monolithic upper I'm looking at.
    [​IMG]
    I don't know if this is a hot topic here or not, but I can't decide between gas piston or direct impingement. This rifle will be used by me as a patrol officer, so the advantage of keeping the rifle cooler during sustained fire is a moot point. I'm not overseas fighting a war, so I don't expect to be firing through 6-8 or more mags. God willing. Suggestions on this issue are great.

Barrel? I don't know. I think an 11.5" length would be as short as I want to go giving a total length with the Noveske KX3 of 14.25 inches, roughly. This is what my PD issues, and it's a handy rifle.
    [​IMG]

I would like to keep mine a similar length.

So, right now I'm just brainstorming and any advice is welcome. Thanks guys.

#1 ctaggart, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010