close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help me make up my mind???????

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jfylstra, Mar 17, 2012.

1. jfylstra

jfylstra

I have a chance to trade my 30sf for a 29. Would you do it? Why or why not?

2. JCM1976

JCM1976

Yes, 10mm is nasty.

3. Ferdinandd

Ferdinandd

I'd stick with the G30, as I'm comfortable shooting .45 and find it to be very versatile and the cost isn't too bad.

4. DubfromGA

DubfromGA

Nope. No need.

The short barrel will not take advantage of the 10mm, it's a poor sized hunting weapon, not needed for self defense and ammo cost is higher.

5. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

What other guns do you have? If you have all 45's then a 10mm is a nice change up, vice versa.

:50cal:

6. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

I'm not willing to make the commitment to the 10mm caliber at the same frequency of shooting (weekly) and quantity of .45ACP ammo we consume between the two G30SF pistols in our household. I don't reload and have no interest for the future.

When I get the urge to have fun with 10mm for a weekend, it's a simple matter to drop in the KKM 45-10mm conversion barrel and load up some G29/G20 mags with hot ammo from Underwood and away we go.

So, to answer your question, I wouldn't trade my G30SF for a G29. In my mind, I already have a "G29" with an aftermarket 10mm barrel that provides better chamber support and can shoot non-jacketed (lead) bullets without violating the Glock warranty.

Among my fellow shooting enthusiasts, the .45 caliber is far more prevalent and we share common interests. I also have a strong, personal affinity for shooting the .45ACP caliber going back to my childhood days together with my father on outings to the shooting range and camping trips.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  7. mj9mm

mj9mm

NOoooo! wait til you can buy the 29 outright, you can't lose that gun:faint:

8. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Personally, yes I would, the 10mm can do everything the .45acp can do and quite a bit more. The G29 is perhaps glocks most versatile gun. You can convert it to .40sw 357sig and 9x25 dillon with just a barrel. The 29 is small enough to carry concealed. I would try to get the short frame version though...

9. Ahmid

Ahmid CLM

I would keep the 30 and get a 29 at a future date. Both are outstanding calibers.

10. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Nooooo ....... !

No way would I give up a perfectly good G-30 for anything else. Besides, my G-21's are set up to fire 45 Super; so what do I need a 10mm for? :dunno:

11. elijah58

elijah58

In My Personal opinion, I would rather have the 10mm as I have one and it shoots great. But the problem I would have is I can't seem to let go of one of my girls, once she is in the family. I would try if the funds were there to get both.

12. DubfromGA

DubfromGA

If you have to have a 10mm then keep your G30 and add a G20 later on.

13. capttommie

capttommie glock 30-10mm

If you like to shoot a lot, then stick with the G30. If you like to hunt, and just carry it concealed, go for the g29. I have had both, I like both very well. Right now I have a G30 in OD green with a Storm Lake 10mm conversion. I tote the 10mm, hunt with the 10mm and shoot at the range the 45. I think right now that I have the over all best gun in the world. That's my opinion

Im no expert but read the ballistics, there are only a few rounds that will expand out of the G30 properly. There is very little difference between the G29 and G20 when it comes to expansion. I hunt hogs a lot with both calibers. The .45 does not kill pigs with out several shots. The 10mm is a one shot round. And remember that a pig has the closes organ arrangement to a human.

14. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Hello capttommie, welcome to Glock Talk.

I second your opinion. :cool:

15. capttommie

capttommie glock 30-10mm

16. KenMac

KenMac

I agree wholeheartedly!!! Both are great calibers and I wouldn't give up either!!