close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Help me make my G19 invisible.. lol

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by GLOCK19FTW, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Those "sticky" type holsters are only $20-$30, It would give you a feel for what inside the waistband feels like, and would also make a good backup holster to have on hand anyways.
    It would be a low risk trial.

2. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas

Comp tac mtac man. Come on! I've shown you my holster before. :supergrin::wavey:

3. GLOCK19FTW

GLOCK19FTW

Dec 16, 2012
    SC
    LOL yeah I know, I'm leaning towards that brand (the Minotaur model), a crossbreed supertuck, or a king tuk..

Decisions decisions..

PS: how ya been man?!

4. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas

I had both the crossbreed and mtac minotaur. I still have the mtac. I prefer the polymer clips to the steel clips the CBST has IMO. It seemed easier for me to slip on and off my IWB from my pants with my belt still on.

Been good! Just upsetting the hippies and liberals on CR when I get the chance to. :rofl::rofl:

How have you been?

also - both holsters I mentioned are great in comfort and conceal-ability IMO.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  5. GLOCK19FTW

GLOCK19FTW

Dec 16, 2012
    SC
    Same here, just not on CR anymore - too many "no" votes (dumbest change they ever could have made. Soon everyone will be banned, mark my words.)

So I switched to a different site to troll in my free time, lol

Back on topic tho, if both are as good as everyone says, I'll probably go with whichever holster is cheaper, then just keep the Fobus for days when I don't really care if I'm printing, or just for when I'm around the house & not planning on leaving, since I OC when I'm at home anyway.

6. Buttapollock1010

Buttapollock1010

Jan 10, 2013
    FL
    I have a Ramora quick cheap holster. I also have a tommy thesis (have not even broken it in yet!). Build quality is very good!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. DannyII

DannyII

Jul 25, 2011
    Ohio
    1. Carry just behind your hip (4:00), not in front of it (3:00). Much more comfortable, and more concealed. For me, the 19 grip tucks into the hollow of my back when I carry there.

2. After 15+ years of trying nearly every holster out there, and spending more money in the process than I care to admit, I've found my two:

IWB- Comp-tac Mtac - THE most comfortable IWB I've ever tried!

OWB - You really can't beat the Glock sport/combat holster for light weight, concealability, comfort and price!

3. A proper gun belt is nearly as important as the right holster. I love the Wilderness 5-stitch for it's comfort, and support of the gun.

Good luck on your search, and congrats on the cc and 19!

8. GLOCK19FTW

GLOCK19FTW

Dec 16, 2012
    SC
    Obviously not been long enough for me to read all of those yet.

I will say this though:

I am very proficient when it comes to firearms, and more importantly, firearm safety. But that first link just kind of set me off a bit and made me re-think an IWB holster.

I'm extremely comfortable with the current OWB Fobus I have, it just prints too bad and I know its not meant for concealment, its more for reliability.. probably like for a LEO while on duty.

I think a IWB would definitely be the best choice for concealment, but I dunno.. I just don't think I'd be comfortable with that for a number of reasons. Or at least not right off the bat. I'd have to slowly get used to it.

Especially after reading that first link you posted above..

So could anyone recommend a good OWB holster (Outside of waistband I'm guessing?) for a G19?

Like on the belt, or a clip or something guaranteed to stay there.. basically just not a paddle holster, that is also good for concealment?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  9. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    Fobus is the opposite of what modern LE would use on duty. Far from acceptable. For OWB, you want a holster with two clips or loops. One clip holsters don't tend to be as stable or as comfortable. There's just no reason to settle for one. The glock sport is cheap and flat, with excellent draw characteristics. The galco fletch (or one of the many knockoffs around) is flat, comfortable, rides high, and performs very well on a proper gunbelt.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  10. Lior

Lior GUNS=FREEDOM

Jul 23, 2004
    Israel
    By default I carry in a Fobus Paddle with a concealing garment. We have LEOs who also use Fobus Paddles. I have yet to experience a Fobus plastic failure in ten years of using this brand.
    For concealment, there are far better choices, particularly IWB. C-TAC and SmartCarry are historical favorites of mine. These days I use a Remora for IWB carry because it is easy to put on and adjust, while the C-TAC needs a stock of replacement hooks for long-term use.
    Obviously the belt issue is important, as mentioned. A G19 is a good choice for concealed carry - light and lumbar vertebra friendly, excellent firepower, good concealment and easy to shoot at close range.

11. Smithers

Smithers

Sep 29, 2012
    Ohio
    I've tried a bunch and like the Desantis SkyCop crossdraw.

I can also right side carry it if needed.

12. Reaver2218

Reaver2218

Feb 9, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    for OWB I prefer a Raven Concealment Phantom I absolutely love it. I run one with a 19 as well

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  13. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
    For OWB (Outside the Waist Band):
    http://www.flccw.com/X-Concealment/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=226

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/hol...modular-holster/phantom-modular-holster-glock

For IWB (Inside the Waist Band):
    http://www.flccw.com/X-Concealment/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=216

Or, if you want a "One holster that does both exceeding well", go with the Black Ops Pro Plus:
    http://www.purekustomholsters.com/

No matter what holster you choose, get a proper belt.

Best "Cheap" belts:
    Aker B21 (reinforced leather belt)
    Wilderness Instructor's Belt, CSM option (reinforced nylon belt)
    Either of these can be found for under $50.00, including shipping.

Best belts, period:
    Reinforced horsehide (or bullhide) belt from thebeltman.net
    Enhanced Ranger belt from Ares Gear

14. WiCK3D_SiX

WiCK3D_SiX

Feb 5, 2013
    Columbia, PA
    I prefer FoxX, cheaper option for those on a budget, though I recommend the Kydex clips. I had one for my S&W SD9VE and it would disappear even with just a button down shirt. No pics on hand since I just cleaned out my phone.

Dustin

15. I have a IWB bravo concealment holster fits close to the body and keeps my 19 on the down low

16. willy1094

willy1094

Feb 11, 2002
    Kentucky
    Options listed here are great. I only add this one because you said you liked the fobus but didn't like the way it printed. I got a galco M5X paddle to replace a fobus I had for my 23 (same size glock) and love it. There are holsters that hold closer to the body but it conceals very well for me. I wear button down shirts untucked so that helps. I just love the ease of a paddle.

If you want an SOB (small of back) I have a like new galco SOB I'd sell you :supergrin: I just ordered a safariland ALS paddle to try. But that will only be for night carry.

You will have the try a few holsters before you get the one that fits/works best for you.