close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help me decide on my next Glock please!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by whiteyemsr, Mar 18, 2012.

1. whiteyemsr

whiteyemsr

I have Glocks in 19, 22, 21sf, and 30sf. I love the feel and size of the 19, but also love the pop of the G22--this makes me want to try the G23 gen 4 (I don't have a gen 4 yet). However, I feel like I should add a baby Glock to the collection--therefore, maybe the G27 (gen 4) should be my next purchase. But the other day I watched a video on a guy that hunts white tail with his G20. I've always been intrigued by the 10mm, and I like the idea of taking a handgun out in the woods with me once in a while rather than my shotgun, so maybe I should get the 20sf.

2. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

I think the 10mm would round out your collection of calibers nicely, serves a valid purpose for the woods, and it's fun to shoot. I shoot 10mm in my converted G30SF and its flatter trajectory is very effective at longer ranges, especially using a red dot sight.

I think you should get a G20, but personally (you're not going to like this) I would definitely wait for the Gen4 G20 10mm. Based on the rave reviews of the Gen4 G21, the identical frame of the Gen4 G20 with a new dual recoil spring is likely to be a spectacular pistol.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012

3. whiteyemsr

whiteyemsr

Thanks! Has Glock given any indication when the Gen 4 G20 will be released? I just read the G21 Gen 4 review--almost makes me want to trade my 21sf for one.

4. fireGLOCKfighter

fireGLOCKfighter

5. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

What you said. Great handgun!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. whiteyemsr

whiteyemsr

7. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

There are only intriguing rumors about the release date of the Gen4 G20. See posts #1 and #17 in the following thread (I see that you found it already):

US Gen4 Glock 20 Info

To my knowledge, Glock, Inc. never issues official information on specific release dates of new Gen4 pistol models. We will only know for sure when they show up on the distributor shelves. Glock has a huge backlog of pistols on order currently, so that will probably delay the release of new models.

If you have a GSSF Pistol Purchase Coupon about to expire, or some other reason to buy immediately, it's best to choose one of the other pistols you are considering.

8. Bruce M

Bruce M

If you carry often then you would probably get more use from a baby Glock. If you don't and hunt regularly and there is a handgun season then you may get more use from the larger pistol.

9. whiteyemsr

whiteyemsr

Thanks man, any insight as to whether I should go with the Gen 3 or Gen 4?

10. OldSchool64

OldSchool64

I'd also be torn between a baby Glock and a G20 if I were you. I have a G26 & G30, both are great versatile pistols, and if I was going to purchase a 10mm it would definitely be the G20.

Have fun deciding, hope you don't get a headache.

Not sure what to say about G23 Gen3 or Gen4, except this...Sounds like Glock has worked the bugs out of the 23 Gen4. If you buy a recently made G23 Gen4 it should have all the newer parts in it, if not they will upgrade it free of charge... from what I understand.