close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Help me choose a holster for...

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by youngbuck, Jun 14, 2011.

1. youngbuck

youngbuck He's Tyrone!

Jan 4, 2010
    a M&P9c that is light weight. Preferrably not just a kydex body as I would like a little cushion. I am currently thinking about a Remora holster but am still unsure about the design and the wait period. A close second for me would be an Alessi Talon Plus but the draw back is twice the price of the Remora and about a 5 week wait period.

2. randyc74

randyc74

Mar 10, 2008
    Northern Illinois
    I currently build 3 different IWB and 1 OWB style holsters for the M&P compact. All except the newest custom holster makers have a waiting period. Some good things are worth waiting for, custom gun leather is one of them.

Randy
    Bulldog Custom Gun Leather

3. youngbuck

youngbuck He's Tyrone!

Jan 4, 2010
  4. What do you mean you would "like a little cushion?" Any quality holster body is going to be stiff, regardless of whether it's kydex or leather.

5. slick813

slick813

Dec 5, 2010
    S.W. Ohio
    Have you looked at http://theisholsters.com/ he is a member here and has outstanding feedback in the classifieds.

I have bought several holsters from Tommy and they are very well made and extremely comfortable, I carry a HK P30 all day and never have any problems.

For $50 bucks and you have the holster in few days he is the best deal on holsters in my opinion.

6. youngbuck

youngbuck He's Tyrone!

Jan 4, 2010
    I just meant that I prefer leather to make contact with my body as opposed to just a kydex body such as a Galco Triton

7. boomhower

boomhower

Feb 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    I highly recommend and mtac. Leather against the body and kydex for the gun. Extremely comfortable. I carry a not so light Sig P239 and forget it's there.

8. randyc74

randyc74

Mar 10, 2008
    Northern Illinois
    Thanks for the kind words!!!

9. youngbuck

youngbuck He's Tyrone!

Jan 4, 2010
    How is it for getting a good grip on a draw? The website pics look as if there is a little bit extra leather that would decrease the amount of grip I could get. Its a compact so I need all the grip I can. With a full size I wouldnt care as much

10. isis07734

isis07734 Nice guy

Feb 8, 2006
    FL
    Where do you want to wear it? Up front? 3-4:00?