Help me build my next 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Lew-G17, Jan 11, 2011.

1. I am considering building, or having someone build my next 1911 pistol. I really like the CCO (officer's frame with a commander slide) style of pistol for carry use. I am committed to it being either 9mm or most likely 38 super for the caliber. I am also wanting it to be as light as possible. I am particularly interested in finish suggestions, I prefer black, but would like something that provides excellent corrosion resistance and some level of lubricity if possible.

Here is what I have so far, what are your suggestions or ideas.

Lew's CCO Pistol

Caliber:
    38 Super or
    9mm or both

Frame:
    Light weight Officer
    30 LPI checkering front strap (or ???)
    Magwell
    High relief under trigger guard
    Short solid trigger
    Carry melt

Slide:
    Match grade barrel
    Novak low profile adjustable black rear
    Tritium front (dovetail)
    Commander (4 or 4.25”)
    Rear grip serration only
    Carry melt
    Bushing and standard guide rod

Finish:
    Low or medium gloss black with lubricating properties

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Quack

Quack Rent this space

are you looking to have it built or is this a project for you?

3. I have given some thought to building it myself, but most likely I will have this built. I have a local smith in mind, but nothing committed at this point. Do you have a suggestion?

4. Quack

Quack Rent this space

not sure.

you are pretty limited to a 4.25 barrel since you want a bushing barrel. 4" barrels are bull.

for the frame, you can start with a Wilson frame. i can't think of anyone else that sells an alloy "CCO" frame.
    http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Compact-Frame-Aluminum-30-LPI-Checkered/productinfo/440LWC/

for the slide, you might be able to get a 9mm/38S Compact slide and barrels from Wilson as well, they are not listed on their sight though.

the rest of the parts are easy to get.

5. Like that frame, thanks!

Has anyone done a build using any parts from Fusion?

6. nastytrigger

nastytrigger Mediocre Member

Very nice setup. Get me one too. I'll pay you back. :whistling:

7. Quack

Quack Rent this space

nope, but to save you some time from dealing with Fusion (which seems like a gamble) their frames are from either Remsport, or STI.

you could also contact Remsport to see if they have an alloy CCO sized frame.

8. Cool, I'll check Remsport as well

9. Quack

Quack Rent this space

here's Remsport's Info:

John
    413-579-1994

#9 Quack, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  10. John is a cool guy. If he doesn't have what you want, he will steer you in the right direction.

11. +1 I am almost finished with my remsport no bob commander, also just talked to him about another project.

12. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

If this is a do it yourself then Wilson and C&S in my opinion have outstanding quality parts. I'm sure you can also find a 1911 pistol smith somewhere in your neighborhood that can help.

13. :needspics: