close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Help in identifying 7.62

Discussion in 'Military Surplus Forum' started by mjb03bolt, Feb 4, 2013.

1. mjb03bolt

mjb03bolt

May 1, 2010
    My neighbor bought this for $250 from a pawn shop. I am by no means an expert on any thing and need a little help identifying it. I thought it was a sporterized Nagant or a variant of. Can anyone identify specifically ? THe ammo looks like 7.62 X 54R . He got a bag of ammo with the sale and it shot fine until he loaded a 30-30 cartridge that was mixed in with the othe and the brass split while firing and he got peppered in the face with hot gas. I suggested he take it to a qualified gunsmith to ensure everything was still OK with it.Thanks for the help in advance.
    mjb
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nickcarll

nickcarll

Jan 11, 2013
    Southern Maine
    Moisin nagant I believe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

3. 66geo

66geo

Jan 31, 2013
    here and there
    pics are too small for me to see but from what I could gather on one,looks like a ex-sniper variant bolt as standard mn 91/30s mosin nagants have a very short bolt handle that goes out an inch or so,that one looks extended and bent.

those mosins have all kinds of variants..Finnish capture,sniper and ex-sniper(holes are plugged for scope base)as well as many years and arsenals(including remington made)...early war and late war.ex-snipers-you can see where the holes are plugged and welded shut inside the receiver.

Theyre great rifles with alot of history.