close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help for new GSSF shooter

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Vartarg, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Vartarg

Vartarg

I'm going to my first match in Pensacola in November. I've registered to shoot as an Amateur with my G17 and G26. In reading up to prepare, I noticed that a shooter is allowed to shoot one day, or both days. I'm not sure how to interpret this. I've looked at the various courses, but don't see how that would work. Can someone here help me get a clearer picture here? Many thanks.

George

2. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

Basically you can shoot one entry each day or multiple entries on a single day. So you could shoot CIV saturday and subcompact sunday, or both saturday or sunday etc. You are free to shoot when you want anytime saturday or sunday.

Good luck!!!

3. Vartarg

Vartarg

thanks for the response.....about how long would it take to shoot each of those two courses of fire?

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

There are three courses of fire: 5 To Glock, Glock M and The Plates. Time depends on the number of competitors on hand and the number of volunteer Range Officers available. It is safe to plan on 4 hours at the match. I've finished in as little as two hours and as much as six hours, shooting two or three entries. We finished at Conyers in 2.5 hours.

5. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

There are 3 stages/courses in the match, total of 10 magazines.
    If you are wondering about time to complete the match, that depends on shooter numbers, time of day and even the day (sat v sun).

You can sign in and shoot both guns when you get called to the shooters position or you can shoot the match with one gun and start over with the other. If you have nver shot a GSSF before, why not go with a 3rd entry and use one for practice. Try am comp with your 17.

I am coaching a youth soccer game on Saturday, 1pm so I will have to shoot on Sunday. If you are there and need/want someone to walk through with you, look me up or look up any of the Alabama Holster guys.

6. SARDG

SARDG

Most of the ROs will offer you any additional help you may need if you tell them you're a new shooter.

I plan to be there ROing, and I'm an Alabama Holster gal ;) but will likely have an RO shirt on. If I can help, I'd be happy to do so.

All the rules are in the Glock Report which you've likely been reading, but most of it seems pretty abstract until you get to and through a match. You won't be the only new GSSF shooter there and GSSF is geared toward the new competitive shooter, but supports and rewards the Masters like Bama and DannyR and Butch who was just handed a nice check for winning the Gunny Challenge at Conyers.

Dan (DEJ/FL on this forum) is the match coordinator for the Pensacola club where it will be held and you'll be seeing more posts about P'Cola very soon.