close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Help finding some choices in spring assisted

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by MStarmer, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Want to move up from my daily carry CRKT and Benchmade Griptillian.

I'm looking for something with good steel, spring assisted, flipper preferably as I'm super comfortable with my ckrt. My one headache with the ckrt is that I can only carry it tip down, I would prefer not to have to flip the knife before opening. There are just so many choices out there and need some help narrowing it down. My budget is about $150ish, and looking for a blade no longer than 3".

Thanks!

2. triggerjerk

triggerjerk

Dec 19, 2000
    Yeah, I don't know much about ZT knives. They have a loyal following though.
    Some have suggested that ZT messed up a batch of their Elmax steel blades.

3. nosuchagency

nosuchagency ...

Feb 3, 2006
  4. The blade on my ZT 350 fires out with authority.

5. Ron36105

Ron36105

Feb 17, 2013
    Check out protech.com I was giving one of there knives as a gift from a close friend and when you pick the knife up you can feel the quility in it. Also when you pull it out of your pocket there is no turning it around or upside down. Check out the "runt" the blade is just under 3". I promise you they are very nice well America made knives. If you buy one you will be happy every time you pick it up.

6. Uzi4U

Uzi4U NRA Life Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Idaho
  7. I keep coming back to the ZT knives, Uzi I have been scoping the benchmade too.

In a complete turnaround from my requirements the Spyderco Sage 2 has somewhat caught my eye as well. They all look to be fantastic knives!

Thanks for the tips so far!

8. SkaOG

SkaOG

Jan 30, 2005
    Orlando, Fl
  9. Ran across a great bargain, Kershaw Cryo II for $39 @ Cabelas. Gives me a chance to try out a assisted flipper w/out breaking the bank yet. Ultimately it's destined for my bug out bag in my car but I couldn't pass it up while I'm evaluating the other choices. I'm usually not a fan of the shapes of their blades or knives but the Cryo and Cryo II are great looking knives.

Thanks again!