close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help FBI Agent John Shipley

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by GO-FOR-IT, Jul 16, 2009.

1. GO-FOR-IT

GO-FOR-IT
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone heard or been following the ordeal FBI Agent John Shipley is having with the ATF ? You be the judge ! Checkout www.shipleylegalfund.com I for one will be sending this NRA member a check.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. chaplin1

chaplin1
    Expand Collapse

Wow, they're really selective in the details of what he allegedly did, so I had to look it up on Google. He sold approximately 50 weapons in the last few years, including a .50 caliber rifle that ended up in the hands of a Mexican gang? Is that correct?

3. leadbutt

leadbutt
    Expand Collapse

Helping him is throwing good money at the bad

4. GO-FOR-IT

GO-FOR-IT
    Expand Collapse

I think this guy is getting railroaded ! The press only puts out what they want you to hear and puts a spin on it. He sold a gun to a dirty cop and who knows the feds could put the smoke and mirrors on anyone if, they want to.

#4 GO-FOR-IT, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  5. A/C Guy

A/C Guy
    Expand Collapse

He was buying and selling several guns a month. He knew he was selling to prohibited persons. We have people here in Phoenix that do the same. They claim it is non of their business if their buyers were felons or are illegal aliens. They buy at retail and resell for a couple hundred more. Who but a felon or illegal alien would pay $700 for a $500 handgun?

He deserves to be in prison.

ATF statistics show that 75% of denials on 4473's are illegal aliens in Az, Ca, and Tx.

The guy knew what he was doing even though he claims to be ignorant of the facts.

6. slewfoot

slewfoot
    Expand Collapse
    Random Mayhem

The only money of mine that will go him will be to house, clothe and feed him for the next twenty something years.

7. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454
    Expand Collapse

If those charges are true -Fry him-let the courts sort it out!:faint:

8. feltonfitz

feltonfitz
    Expand Collapse

This man is related to a good friend of mine who I would trust with my life. I believe you can NOT believe everything you read in the media. Have we not learned that yet? Look at how the 2 boarder patrol guards were treated when they were just doing their jobs. My company insures thousands gun collectors and they definitely buy and sell guns in order to build their collections. In this instance the accused sold a good portion of his collection in order to pay for invitro fertilization and eventually to adopt 2 children. We have many collector customers that due to the economy aer liquidating parts or all of their collections.

9. feltonfitz

feltonfitz
    Expand Collapse

PS: He sold the guns in question to a law enforcement officer.

10. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454
    Expand Collapse

feltonfitz
    So is that LEO under indictment as well or was he the one who turned in the agent? How did the arms get traced to Shipley if he did sell them to people who were not suposed to own arms/ Mex Cartels? Private sales are legal as long as the person buying can legally own/posses resident of IN. Now if he sold privately to people outside of IN. Then he broke the law! If he sold through an FFL to outside state resident then he was legal. Does he have a paper trail to whom he sold to? If not then he's screwed cause the feds will eat him alive in court.:faint:

11. Jerry

Jerry
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Moderator Millennium Member

12. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454
    Expand Collapse

Jerry
    As I said if he indeed sold the firearm to the person in El Paso without going through an FFL then he broke the law! Now are they also going to prosecute that guy for selling the gun in Mexico? If Shipley had used an FFL to sell this gun then he would be not guilty of any crime- the FFL might be on the hook, and the guy that bought it should be thrown in jail for sure!:upeyes:

13. Jerry

Jerry
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Moderator Millennium Member

That wasn’t posted in response to your post. Notice I didn't quite you. Just positing information as I find it.

14. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454
    Expand Collapse

Jerry
    Kool no skin off my nose! We Obviously are not getting the whole story. The fact that Shipley is an FBI agent does play with me. I don't care if your God himself you knowing break the law you have to pay the price -ignorance is not an excuse. An if like he has sated on his site that he's a collector he knows damn well you don't sell to out of state persons with going through a FFL.

15. wildeye111

wildeye111
    Expand Collapse

Hello GFI.

YES, I have. I personaly know John, I see him at least once a month. He is for lack of a better term getting railroaded. I know more info about his case than anyone else online. I had to deal with the same ATF agents when they came over to investigate me, I know first had he is NOT guilty. I kept a low online profile until now. Let me know if you have questions.

16. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

I don't know the facts of his case, but I know I wouldn't trust anything I read in the media about what happened.

17. wildeye111

wildeye111
    Expand Collapse

Yes, this is correct. But there is more here than meets the eye.
    He sold the Barrett to a local EP Sheriff (BY FEDERAL LAW- PERSON TO PERSON WEAPON SALES IN THE SAME STATE(this was in the same city) DO NOT REQUIRE A FFL TRANSFER- then from this Sheriff it went to another person and then into Mexico.

18. wildeye111

wildeye111
    Expand Collapse

If he was truly guilty, then yes i agree.

19. wildeye111

wildeye111
    Expand Collapse

You are a wise man......

20. wildeye111

wildeye111
    Expand Collapse

What is your definition of "several guns a month"?
    Mine is any number more than a couple (which is two) and just above a "few" wich is THREE, So for argument sake lets say it was 5 a month. Were can you find the details in the GCA of 68' that pin points this number and seperates the difference from someone who is selling off weapons from his collection to acting as a dealer?

I paid an extra $200 over the price of a Glock pistol durring these mad "OBAMA the gun sales man" rush these past few years.

You need to get your facts straight- there are always two sides.