close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Help building website like GT...

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by tbhracing, Mar 28, 2009.

1. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

Apr 3, 2005
    CA
    Hello- I am in the process of purchasing a webiste domain name and want to build a website simular to GT. The site will be NON gun/firearm.

If there is a serious website builder out there in the Nor. Cal area for hire with web building experience, please PM me.

Thank you,

TBHR

2. crushkilldestroy

crushkilldestroy

Oct 15, 2008
    I am not in Norcal but I can help you out.. You probably do not need to spend a lot of money for your site. Shoot me a PM.

3. LinuxKnight

LinuxKnight Edge Of Reality

Jul 20, 2004
    PDX Oregon
    If you mean you want a forum site, there are a few good free forum software suites.

One that I am using for a fairly small site (compared to GT), is called SimpleMachines.

www.simplemachines.org

GT uses a suite called VBulletin, which is a proprietary platform.

In any case for a good modern forum you need to make sure that the hosting provider you choose gives you access to MySQL and PHP (many forum software platforms use these).

I can also give you contact with a good web hosting provider based in Southern CA.
    PM inbound.

4. Oribis

Oribis

Feb 7, 2009
    Florida
    PHPBB is another solid free forum, easy to set up and very customizable.