close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Help a skinny guy

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by TheWaker43, Jun 22, 2012.

1. TheWaker43

TheWaker43

Jun 12, 2012
    I am wanting to carry a Glock 19 but no matter how I try it is noticeable. Other than directly above my crotch. Is there any way to carry in a T-shirt and jeans?

2. When I was 155lbs, I could still CC my full sized pistol, just takes dressing around it. Wear some looser shirts, and get a good IWB holster. Crossbreed supertuck, galco king tuk, any of the hybrid holsters are great. Hell, I made mine for about $22. Options are limitless.

3. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

Sep 4, 2004
    Suriname
    Have you tried or looked into Smartcarry and/or Thunderwear?

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    What kind of holster/belt combination are you using?

I'm guessing you're using a cheap belt (if you bought it at a department store, it's a cheap belt). cheap belt=holster tends to "fold away" from the body. While some larger, broader shouldered guys *might* be able to pull this off, a skinny guy just will not.

A proper *gun belt* will keep the holster/firearm in tight to the body.

IGF

5. awq134

awq134

Jun 2, 2009
    ontario, oh
    couldn't agree more, the belt is one of the most important items needed. Keeps your holster from floping around like mentioned above. I have the same problem, i'm about 155 soaking wet. changing your wardrobe is irritating, but necessary to increase concealment.

6. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I carry a G17 @ 11 o'clock no problem. My large belt buckle helps to hide it.

7. TheWaker43

TheWaker43

Jun 12, 2012
    What kind of holster are you using? I wear a rather large belt buckle too.

BTW I am 130 lbs and 5' 11" and wear skinny jeans and rather form fitting shirts. I think that might be the problem.

8. jmb79

jmb79

Sep 27, 2001
    Wyoming
    As mentioned above, you must have a sturdy belt. That said, skinny jeans and form fitting shirts are probably the main culprit. You'll have to loosen up you t-shirts. Finally, one holster option is the Raven Concealment Systems ACR (appendix carry rig). I know several tall skinny guys who use this holster and really like it. Here is a link: http://www.ravenconcealment.com/holsters/appendix-carry-rig-acr/acr-holster

9. TheWaker43

TheWaker43

Jun 12, 2012
    Thanks! That looks like it just might work.

10. Lior

Lior GUNS=FREEDOM

Jul 23, 2004
    Israel
    My two most concealable modes of carry for a G19 (particularly when I was 6'2"@175lbs) were in a Smartcarry at 12 'o, clock or in a C-TAC at 8 o'clock (southpaw) with a slightly bloused T-shirt.
    Good luck.

11. ventura

ventura

Jan 25, 2006
    ohio
    DUH
    a change of style is going to be necessary!

12. Simple, just carry in your purse.

13. DaneA

DaneA

Mar 7, 2011
    Chattanooga
    Gain weight... Remember you must work around the gun not the other way around... ;)

14. JJ.45

JJ.45

Oct 4, 2007
    Iowa
    nuh uh.

15. The clothes are just a symptom, your problems are much deeper.

Seriously, you need to dress around the gun, clothes need to be one size larger then you normally wear.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine