close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hello

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by spinweezy, Jan 27, 2011.

1. spinweezy

spinweezy

Nov 14, 2010
    Wa
    Hello all I just got my first tactical shotgun! Its a mossberg 500 persuader. I put a barrel mounted light and took the plug out, What else shood I do?

2. mdfd

mdfd

Sep 29, 2006
    shoot it...learn it's particular character. Find out what works for you and what doesn't. Then modify to suit your needs...

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  3. spinweezy

spinweezy

Nov 14, 2010
    Wa
    I just wanna shoot it. I didnt get a chance today before it got dark.

4. G23c

G23c

Jan 23, 2009
    houston, texas
    spinweezy, great shotgun. My Mossberg 500 is my HD shotgun. see how it patterns at HD and range and further out. find a load you shoot well and load up.

5. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Just shoot it, and try to run 4-5 different types of SD ammo to see if it has a preference.

For HD range 7-10 yds cheapo Wal-mart winchester or remington OObuck is fine. If you want to extend the range try some Federal and Ranger OObuck and use a large target like a B27 to see which one patterns better at longer range.

I get all 9 pellets in the scoreable zone on a B27 at 25yds with the Federal LE132 buck load.

Enjoy, I love my 20" 500, and prefer it to my 870 Police Magnum.

6. spinweezy

spinweezy

Nov 14, 2010
    Wa
    Thanks for all the advice. Looks like im to sick for work but just right for the range. :rofl:

7. B Coyote

B Coyote

Jul 3, 2001
    NW Indiana
    Take a training class from a reputable company.

Avoid wasting money on cheap accessories. You've added a light, now add a sling and go shoot it as much as possible.

bc

8. WhiskeyUnicorn

WhiskeyUnicorn Paramagician

Nov 13, 2010
    Savannah, GA
    Sling, Ammo, and have fun blasting one day...get used to it and train with it.