close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

hello from Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by gsvwvkk, Feb 15, 2013.

1. gsvwvkk

gsvwvkk

Feb 14, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Hi Folks, hello from Middleton WI. I have been educating myself about handguns for a while now and looking forward to getting a gen 4 Glock 19 and then a 26 as soon as they are in stock. Any Middleton/Madison folks here that can suggest local gun stores or ranges nearby? The local Dicks sporting goods said they don't deal handguns in the city of Madison and Janesville was the nearest store. Also, does one need a background check to buy a magazine in WI. I am looking at the 33 round 9mm.

Thanks!

2. sugarcreek

sugarcreek familyman

Feb 27, 2007
    ...in the neighborhood.
    welcome and fight the good fight up there, hear?

3. Hoochrunners

Hoochrunners

Aug 14, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Do you still have to get out of your car and hug a tree before entering the People's Republic of Madison?

4. windpoint

windpoint

Feb 23, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Welcome from Racine. You do not need a background check for a magazine. Might need to cash in your IRA though.:wavey:

5. Ret223

Ret223

Apr 22, 2011
    Central Illinois
    OMG! Not one of those evil, high capacity magazine clips! What next, a black rifle?

:^)

Welcome from Illinois. Hopefully we will get to join you w/ legal concealed carry this year.

Ret

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  6. ImatushiMaru

ImatushiMaru

Dec 22, 2011
    Gander Mountain in Deforest has a large selection of firearms. Watch the sale adds for them. The Ammo Box in Sun Prairie has mostly fair prices on their firearms. Sorry I don't know about ranges in the area. I live up in the dells, so I don't know about ranges in your area.

7. rytlewski

rytlewski

Jan 3, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Mill's Fleet Farm carries the Glock 19 and 26 at $579 each. They get a couple per week and sell out fast.

8. gsvwvkk

gsvwvkk

Feb 14, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for the suggestions. Will check out Gander Mountain and Mills'

9. rball

rball

Jun 20, 2008
    Southern Wisconsin
    Welcome! There is a gun shop in Milton (Thundershooting Supplies), and another shop west of Oregon (Great Lakes Firearms) and south of Oregon (Max Creek Outdoors). The shop in Milton is ok, as is Max Creek. I haven't been to Great Lakes. As for ranges, there is one in Stoughton, Lodi, Janesville, and Beloit.