close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hello from Texas

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by TK-421, Oct 12, 2012.

1. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    Hey there, new to the forums, new to shooting, just picked myself up a Gen 3 Glock 23 earlier in the week. It will become my every day carry once I can afford to get my permit. I plan on doing competitive shooting with it as well, more for the giggles and being able to meet new people, than to try to win.

I used to do paintball, but got really fed up with all the immature little kids that frequent it. So I wanted to trade one expensive hobby for another, and since I'm in Texas, I might as well exercise my rights and make my voice heard, otherwise these rights might go away. So I'm getting into firearms, and it's way too addicting. :rofl:

I plan on getting multiple firearms and will eventually start reloading my own ammunition. Of course, that's once I become rich and famous and can actually afford to do everything I want to do. :supergrin:

2. LSUAdman

LSUAdman Pew Pew

Aug 3, 2010
    Texas
    Welcome...

But what ever you do, don't slack off on here too much. Eventually someone will ask why you're not at your post. :tongueout:

3. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    Yes, I get that a lot. And my usual reply, in the whiniest possible voice, is "But I have to go save the princess!!!!" Just imagine that in a whiny, little kid, Luke Skywalker voice. ;)

4. txeagle

txeagle

Nov 2, 2009
    I've been on GT for years, but not active. However, there is a new indoor range here in San Antonio and I've gotten back into shooting more often. I own a 9mm and a .380.:cool:

5. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    I'm thinking I'll be mostly shooting at Lone Star Gun Range down in Lockhart. The three ranges closest to me all suck, from what I hear. And there are so many bad reviews, and so few good reviews, for those three ranges, that I don't even feel like taking the time to check them out.