close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hello from Texas

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by lno762, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Ewart

Ewart Guest

Lori,
    Contrary to other posts,IMHO a heavier .38 Special revolver is probably better for a beginner. It is less complex to learn, to clean and you don't have to worry about "limp wristing," jams or "stovepipes." Each you pull the trigger, it always goes "BANG!" After you become proficiant , try a Glock 26 Gen 4 (my favorite carry). Carrying off-body a revolver is easy to slip into a special holster built into a purse. I just wish Glock made a revolver . My wife's arthritic hands can't pull a slide but she CAN pull a trigger!
    Ewart

2. lno762

lno762

Jul 15, 2012
    Texas
    Ewart, thanks for the reply! Good info to look into

3. lno762

lno762

Jul 15, 2012
    Texas
    Well, howdy AF!

4. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

Sep 27, 2009
    Austin, TX
  5. lno762

lno762

Jul 15, 2012
    Texas
    Thanks! "Up" here in the big D.

6. avenues165

avenues165

Jun 15, 2012
    SLC, Utah
    Welcome!

You will find a lot of good information on this site. I have learned a lot from threads on GT.

Find a pistol you like to shoot and learn to shoot it well. I personally would like to talk my wife into a G19, G26, or an M&P shield in 9mm, but she prefers her .380acp and .32acp. The 9 is a great round!