close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hello from Southeast Tennessee

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by Aldaron, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Aldaron

Aldaron

Feb 27, 2012
    S.E. Tennessee
    Hi! I've been a hunter all my life, mostly shotgunning for waterfowl, but I've carried a rifle many days afield as well. I've never owned a handgun... shot several, just never owned one or felt the need to. I now have a young family and my protective instincts seem to grow each day, so I am planning on adding a pistol very soon.

I started out wanting something other than a Glock mostly because of the way I was raised with firearms. For me, the safety is the last thing you click off before putting your finger on the trigger. So I was shopping for all sorts of things, but wasn't even considering Glock. I knew Glock had an unbelievable reputation for durability and dependability but I just couldn't shake the external safety thing.

Then I shot my friend's G23 Gen 3 and within an hour all my reservations had disappeared... so now I'm shopping for one exactly like it. :) This site has been a huge resource of info for me. Thanks for being part of a place where people can share their passion, experience and wisdom. I'm benefiting from it!